IGNORED

who makes white wall tires

My 96 RSTD needs new rear tire.It currently has the Dunlop 404.However I am looking for different makes of tire in White Wall. I know the 404s have a low mi. issue .Any suggestions?

My front tire looks great .

My 96 RSTD needs new rear tire.It currently has the Dunlop 404.However I am looking for different makes of tire in White Wall. I know the 404s have a low mi. issue .Any suggestions?

Avon Venoms come in white wall

Avon makes a rear tire but not a front one in the stock size. They do make a 130 sized front tire that some of us like. The only other option is Maxxis, but I've heard they get the worst mileage of all.

I've gotten around 16,000 miles out of both Avon and Dunlop. I think that's about as good as anything going.

Avon makes a rear tire but not a front one in the stock size. They do make a 130 sized front tire that some of us like. The only other option is Maxxis, but I've heard they get the worst mileage of all.

I've gotten around 16,000 miles out of both Avon and Dunlop. I think that's about as good as anything going.

I have a 130 front WW,, didn't think about the stock size didn't coming in WW.

Actually looking at the Avon website they don't make any white wall tires in the RSV stock sizes.. the 150/980-16 ww is actually a rear tire tread not a front. and they don't make any ww in 15in sizes.

Really want Avons but I cant live without white walls on my beloved Tour Deluxe.

Really don't want to go back to 404s but I guess I have no choices out their.:crying:

You really don't see the back tire with the bags, I have Avons, a 130 white wall on the front and a stock size black wall on the back.

I have never had any problem with Dunlop D404 WWW on my bike. They get slightly less mileage than many but due to the original cost, they cost maybe less per mile than the Avon. I just got back from Rolling Thunder XXIII and spent 150 miles in driving rain and the new Dunlops I put on about 1000 miles ago performed perfectly.

:farmer:

I have to go with Sylvester on the WWW 404's. Not knocking anyone else's tire choice, but I have a bud that owns a RSV and he is a full time motorcycle cop in VA Beach....His choice is the the Dunlop 404's. He praises them for riding in rain...

I bought my last set from Southwest Moto...A lot from here have also....I had my tires on the 4th day from when I ordered them... $218.00 Total Delivered...Right Now from the site...

Go Here:

http://www.swmototires.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=80&Itemid=53

Long Tall in Virginia

Really want Avons but I cant live without white walls on my beloved Tour Deluxe.

Really don't want to go back to 404s but I guess I have no choices out their.:crying:

I've been getting close to 20K mi. out of the D404's. Right now running a Metzler 880 www up front, and like the quick turn-in and seems to handle the rain just as well as the Dunlop. :2cents:

I just had an Avon rear WWW installed in Calgary. They are discontinued but there are still some on shelves. Not sure what I will do next time... :crying:

Actually looking at the Avon website they don't make any white wall tires in the RSV stock sizes.. the 150/980-16 ww is actually a rear tire tread not a front. and they don't make any ww in 15in sizes.

Do I read this right - Avon doesn't make a 150/80R15 rear WW tire anymore? This is a recent change, right? They used to make them. I've had two. That's rather disappointing.

Do I read this right - Avon doesn't make a 150/80R15 rear WW tire anymore? This is a recent change, right? They used to make them. I've had two. That's rather disappointing.

Yup, you read it correct, must have happened last summer as I put my Avons on then, and the shop here ordered them fresh but couldn't get the rear WWW then. I originally just thought they made a mistake ordering, but it didn't look bad and BW was a little cheaper so I didn't fuss. But since see that the Avon website doesn't show the rear WWW anymore.

• 5 weeks later...