I would like to put chrome rims on my 2006 tour deluxe.I found a company Cycle Image out of California that dose a swap with your oem rims.You give them your core and they send you the original rim chromed.My question is how hard is it to install the bearings back on the rims, or do I need the dealer to do this.Thanks for any help you guys or gals can give me.

It is not hard to install the bearings at all. I had my wheels powdercoated and boy will I tell you getting the bearings out was a PITA. Putting them in is much easier. I recommend putting all the bearings in the freezer and keeping the wheels cool also. This way the metal wont be expanded by heat and will go in easier. Use a socket the size of the most outer edge of the bearing and just beat it in. Make sure you drive it evenly so that you dont cock it in the opening and then it wont move. Measure how deep the bearing needs to go because its tough to know when you got it to the bottom and seated. Also be careful with the seals. Must go in the right direction.

Have you asked if the wheel comes with new bearings in already? It would make sense as they need to come out to be chromed.

Hey all, thought I would also join the RSTD fun. I traded my 2008 HD Low Rider for a 2007 RSTD with only 6K on the meter. Hated the Harley...it was okay for around town but sucked for any distance riding. I have the stock red over black paint scheme. I've added:

HD drilled out mufflers

Ultamate seats

Yahmaha passing lights

Led rear running lights

Sebal horn

Yahmaha chrome grips

Clearview wind shield

Just oredered the J&M Dual mode cb radio and K&N filters

More mods to come after reading this thread. I like the HD trunk thingy.

Mark