IGNORED

Carbs for 1983 venture

My carbs are completely clogged on left hand side of the engine. I am going to take them off and I am wondering if anyone knows:

is there a kit to replace everything in the carb - jets bowls etc..\

where can the best price be had

What kind of money would make it best to buy a used set of carbs,

I found a set of carbs that just came off a running 83 venture but not sure what they are worth.

As alwasy I do appreciate the info and help..

My carbs are completely clogged on left hand side of the engine. I am going to take them off and I am wondering if anyone knows:

is there a kit to replace everything in the carb - jets bowls etc..\

where can the best price be had

What kind of money would make it best to buy a used set of carbs,

I found a set of carbs that just came off a running 83 venture but not sure what they are worth.

As alwasy I do appreciate the info and help..

I dont know of any. Skydoc sells parts if you need them.

If you can get the carbs to you for under 100 bucks you are doing real good. Don't really know what a set of 27 yr old carbs are worth. If you get them Sea-Foam them hatd for a while and keep a couple oz in there every month. Marvel Mystery Oil will keep them up once you get them clean. A lot cheaper. Sea-foam is hurting themselves with prices like that but still Great stuff when needed.

yes i do believe sea foam is good but almost not worth the price of what they want for it now days... marvel myst oil.. wow good stuff havent used it since 1984. Used to have a 73 convertible challenger and as long as i kept marvel in the oil it ran fine and did not use any oil...

I have been using lucas products for awhile and find it to be real good and if you buy it by the quart or gallon you save a bunch of money... seems to help the gas line clean realy good.

the carbs on ebay are right at 100 bucks for carbs and shipping so I think I will pass on them.. I would not mind having an extra set but I can get mine rebuilt locally for 100 bux so I will probably do that.

Has anyone ever rejected there first gen with a little larger jet and got much extra power vs. gas mileage decrease...??