IGNORED

Zumo 550

Paid $700 2 years ago, money well spent until this week when the touch screen stopped working. $160 up front to send back to Garmin for repairs, but still cheaper than a new one. Can't say much for their tech support, I don't think she had ever seen a 550 screen and did not have a clue about what the problem was.

I must say the the purchase of my Zumo 550 was one of the better purchases I've made when it comes to electronics. Purchased in 2007 when they were first released, I have had no problems at all over the last 4 years of use. I have looked at replaceing it but since I like to program my routes on my pc and download to the gps it looks like I'm going to have to stick with the Zumo line since none of the other garmin lines support this. I like some of the new features offered now but none of them put it all together in one package with what the 550 already has.

1000 song is a lot. Thats about what I have on my MP3 player now.

I'm pretty ignorant about GPS units and how they can integrate with the Venture. It's my understanding that the Zumo 550 has an audio out that can be plugged into the AUX IN on the Venture. With that you can listen to music stored on the GPS, the music will be muted when the GPS give directions and if your phone compatible with the GPS you can receive and make calls?

If I am misinformed please let me know.

1000 song is a lot. Thats about what I have on my MP3 player now.

I'm pretty ignorant about GPS units and how they can integrate with the Venture. It's my understanding that the Zumo 550 has an audio out that can be plugged into the AUX IN on the Venture. With that you can listen to music stored on the GPS, the music will be muted when the GPS give directions and if your phone compatible with the GPS you can receive and make calls?

If I am misinformed please let me know.

You are correct... while listening to an MP3, the Zumo will pause the music to give GPS guideance. You can receive & make phone calls with a Bluetooth phone AND one of Buddy Rich's mic cables so that your cycle headset interfaces with the Zumo. Overall, the Zumo is an excellent investment - at least it was for me!

You are correct... while listening to an MP3, the Zumo will pause the music to give GPS guideance. You can receive & make phone calls with a Bluetooth phone AND one of Buddy Rich's mic cables so that your cycle headset interfaces with the Zumo. Overall, the Zumo is an excellent investment - at least it was for me!

So without the Buddy Rich adapter you can't use your headsets with the phone. If you have Mic-Mutes is there a conflict with the Buddy Rich cables?