IGNORED

may be gon fer a few weeks!!!

Grandpagak

well folks i may not be online here for a few weeks.. gotta take my computer in forgettin a virus evicted, so igotta use my oldcomputer.. it is slo and tempermental.. they said that they are runnin about two weeks behind right now.. and my new 22 inch monitor blew out.. so iguess we will see how long this monitor will last..:smile11:

If its just a virus and you can still connect online, you might try geeksquad.com. They do many repairs / virus removal remotely online. If you can't connect to the internet, not sure they can help. I think they only charge you if they can fix it so only out your time if they can't fix it. At least you don't have to wait 2 weeks. Just a thought and good luck with the repair. BTW, I don't work for them, and fortunately for me my son can fix about anything with computers. Only problem with this is now I can't fix them at all.

Gary, If you can still get online go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ It's free and will clean your system. I've been using it for over 10 years without an issue.

If you can't get online try searching for the last file written into memory and double clicking on it. Sometimes you can back door the virus block that way. Once online go to Trend. I discovered this when I came down with a virus way back when. Shut me down good. Went to START and then searched by date figuring I could just delete the last file and it would go away. That's how dumb I was. I was also lucky because when I found the file it wasn't what I was looking for, but I double clicked to open it, it was an online temp foil and the computor went looking for it online. Once online I wasn't about to log off. Found Trend. Did the housecall and it found 2 viruses. In those days it gave me the instructions on how to get rid of them. Now they get rid of them for you.

and my new 22 inch monitor blew out.. so iguess we will see how long this monitor will last..

You sure it's a Virius??? I'm thinking, the new computer & monitor, could have possibly, been hit with a power spike....... That is why I run a battery backup UPS, to protect my computer equipment.

:080402gudl_prv:

thanx guys, i called my internet service for help. but i couldnt geton line even with thier help.. well actualy i could get on line, but it wont let me open exe. files , so that they can take over my computer and fix it.. so i gotta take it in to them so they can fix it for me.. it is a free service that they do for thier customers.. i like that.. lo. as for the monitor burnin out .i believe that it is caused by my computer..( this old one) be cause it was the second time that it happened while i was using it.. i have a powersurge protector on mine line..

i know very little about computers..:crying::smile11: