IGNORED

Source of polished stainless steel sheet?

kbert777

Anybody have a source for polished T304 Stainless Steel Sheet 20 or 22 GA. in #8 or Super #8 mirror finish? I am looking for a cut piece of 24"x24" dimensions.

I usually get my specialty metal through onlinemetals.com, but they just offer #4 brushed and no possibility of ordering small quantities of #8. The local steel yards will just order huge quantities for architectural purposes.

Thanks in advance,

Klaus

Klaus,

Find someone that builds stainless commercial sinks and counters for restraunts and hospitals. They might be able to help you, but these folks are probably located in the larger cities. Maybe a Google search might be in order to see if anyone is doing business on the internet?

Rick

Have you thought about using 430 2BA bright anealed stainless.

Looks alot like mirror SS but much cheaper. We use some of this metal in my shop instead of mirror 304. I could send you a small sample 2" x 2" via mail, If you aprove it I will sell you the material at cost.

Anybody have a source for polished T304 Stainless Steel Sheet 20 or 22 GA. in #8 or Super #8 mirror finish? I am looking for a cut piece of 24"x24" dimensions.

I usually get my specialty metal through onlinemetals.com, but they just offer #4 brushed and no possibility of ordering small quantities of #8. The local steel yards will just order huge quantities for architectural purposes.

Thanks in advance,

Klaus

i bought mine from mcmastercarr.right at $45.00. bill :)

Sorry for the late response, completely forgot I posted this. Thanks for all the comments.

Klaus,

Find someone that builds stainless commercial sinks and counters for restraunts and hospitals. They might be able to help you, but these folks are probably located in the larger cities. Maybe a Google search might be in order to see if anyone is doing business on the internet?

Rick

Rick, I checked with several yards and manufactures here locally and most of them use #4 brushed finish for commercial applications, nobody was willing to special order small quantities.

Have you thought about using 430 2BA bright anealed stainless.

Looks alot like mirror SS but much cheaper. We use some of this metal in my shop instead of mirror 304. I could send you a small sample 2" x 2" via mail, If you aprove it I will sell you the material at cost.

I am intrigued, after looking at 2B finished earlier (without being overly impressed) I can not find a reference for 2BA finishes. I will contact you privately to see if we can work something out.

i bought mine from mcmastercarr.right at $45.00. bill :)

Bill, that's a great source, can't believe that I didn't think of mcmastercarr.com before, having ordered from them before.

I stumbled across this auction a while back and what the seller deems "polished" is actually low grade brushed #4, no idea how he got polished out of that. Seller also has an attitude problem. Thanks for pointing this out so.

Later, Klaus