Considering purchasing the Bakup drivers backrest for my 2006 RSTD. They are proud of them because they are in the $350.00 range. About $150.00 to $200.00 more then their competition They appear to be well engineered and have a range of adjustments. Anyone have experience with them?

I've got a Utopia on my RSV, and am quite happy with it. I got a great deal on a used one from a member here, but new they go for ~200 (if I recall correctly).

Very comparable to the Diamond R and much less than that 350 nonsense :thumbsup2:

This is the one I bought www.utpr.com . I looked at Bakup, Mustang seats (had one on previous bike), and something else, but the Utopia gives you a lot of bang for your buck. Don't see how it could get much better. Good luck!

PS Super easy install-seems that the Bakup was more complicated.

Edited by Shipper

I put the bakup on my 08 RSTD when i bought the bike. dealer gave me a break as and accessory when I bought it. I like it alot. Still spendy though. I bought it before i joined this site or maybe id of got something else and saved a few bucks. As far as the rest goes, it is comfortable and highly adjustable. It mounts really easily, wont take 10 minutes to do it. I like the fact that it is spring loaded to fold forward. I tend to swing a leg over rather than step through when I get on. The spring loaded part makes that really nice. Here is a pic of it mounted on my bike. It looks nice paired to stock seat as well.

I slipped a disc in my back 3 weeks ago and have just started to ride in the last few days. I belong to the Kaw. Versys forum and the guys there sugested a kidey belt ( $50.).

I have riden my Venture and Versys with the belt on and get great back support. As I am wearing it the belt says with me even when I move around the seat.

It may help or not ... but for $50. it might be worth a try. I would think that where ever you purchase it from you could get your money back if you do not like it.

Cb