IGNORED

Parts needed for 83

The 83 I bought runs really great - but it has rust everywhere. Basically anything chrome is rusty. I am not sure how much to put into this bike. I checked Ebay and can find chrome pieces such as engine gaurds, stator cover, etc - but shipping is the huge killer. The frame even has rust on it - but not much I will do about that except clean up and paint a bit. So, anyone out here have any parts they want to sell and ship at a decent price?

I have a set of the Chrome rear side bag protectors / crash bars you can have for the cost of shipping. I bought them off e-bay a while ago thinking they were something else. Plus when I bought my bumper trailer hitch another set came with them too. PM me if you want them.

The 83 I bought runs really great - but it has rust everywhere. Basically anything chrome is rusty. I am not sure how much to put into this bike. I checked Ebay and can find chrome pieces such as engine gaurds, stator cover, etc - but shipping is the huge killer. The frame even has rust on it - but not much I will do about that except clean up and paint a bit. So, anyone out here have any parts they want to sell and ship at a decent price?

I have a set of the Chrome rear side bag protectors / crash bars you can have for the cost of shipping. I bought them off e-bay a while ago thinking they were something else. Plus when I bought my bumper trailer hitch another set came with them too. PM me if you want them.

thanks Karl - PMed you.

I think I may have a set of passenger grab bars left unless I already sent them to someone else as filler for a flat rate box. I should have a set of front crash bars as well. May have foot pegs and brake pedal, etc. PM me your addy and in a few weeks expect a package or two.

Actually, it's amazing what a lot of elbow grease mixed with chrome polish will do! For the REALLY bad areas add a sheet of scotch brite plastic scrubby, but it will scratch and dull the chrome somewhat...

I have 3 years accumulation of parts bought off of Fleabay, many pieces worse than what I was trying to replace!