IGNORED

Logging some miles on the other bike....

CdnDave77

With the fine spring weather we have had here this week, I have forced myself to get on the other two-wheeler that I own and I have been neglecting for far too long.

I did 62 km on Tuesday (40 miles or so for you non-metric folk) and another 50 km (30 miles) today. It's much, much lighter than the Venture but at the opposite end of the spectrum as far as comfort goes. It loves going downhill, but the motor seems to falter a little on the steeper climbs. It's almost like it is out of gas... I am hoping more riding will straighten that out on its own.

Note the drink holders (1 in front, 2 on the back of the seat post), spare tube, folding spare tire, and CO2 inflation system if I get a blowout (and they do happen, 90% of the time in races). With all the quick-change stuff, I can fix a flat and be moving again in under 10 minutes, whereas the pros can be done in 3).

I am hoping this doesn't cut into my other riding time too much, but I want to get back into racing this year. I do wonder what the heck I am doing when I see all kinds of nice motorcycles cruising by me as I huff and puff my way through the backroads.

PS: If you do come up on a cyclist, please give'em a wide berth... cracks in the pavement are bad enough for motorcycles, but they can flip you over the handlebars without warning on a roadbike.

Cheers !

Hah, I have the same truck, same color, nice ride. Dang nice bike too.

See, your problem with the flats is, your tires are too skinny!

I also need to get back on my other ride too, but it doesn't like roads, it likes trails! Fat tires r more funner....

1st Gen Trek Y-33, bright yellow.

Here's a photo of my bike, that ain't me on it though...

I ride a mountainbike too, just for beating through trails and towing the kids in the bike trailer. But I don't think I want to be hooking them up behind my Trek... the workout would be good though !

The suggestion for Seafoam is noted, but I think this is one instance where it can't be a cure-all. The motor runs on 20 oz of Gatorade/hr @ peak output (I can average 40 km/hr on flats and modest hills), and temporary boosts can be had with PowerGels and bananas. Once it is parked though, the motor screams for beer and potato chips.. obviously an issue with carbs (-ohydrates).

The suggestion for Seafoam is noted, but I think this is one instance where it can't be a cure-all.

Any problem (for anyone around), with backfires through the exhaust system?????

:rotf::rotf::rotf::stickpoke:

Couldn't resist, had another blizzard (not the DQ type) yesterday:bang head::bang head: & waiting for the resulting mess to melt.............