IGNORED

intercom question

screamstone

Tried finding this already.. can't find a thread with the info.

I just got all the wires and all for my intercom headsets. I, however, use a half helmet and would like to hear all audio out of the speakers. Passenger wants helmet speakers.

I can hear CB & radio out of speakers, but not getting any intercom. Any tips? Or does intercom not go through speakers?

You have 2 options for the audio delivery:

1) Everything (Radio/CB) goes through the headsets

2) Everything (Radio/CB) goes through the bike's speakers

You have only 1 choice for the intercom system - it is always routed to the headsets.

Thanks For the info.. that explains intercom...

One last clarification- If I wear helmet with headset in it, can I still talk thru mic and listen to CB thru speakers? Or does going thru speakers totally kill the headset connection (including mic).

I'm finding this very difficult to test- nobody locally has a bike with a CB!!! (OR A CASETTE DECK!!! :rasberry:)

Guest scarylarry

Yes on the CB part on mine that is select speakers and turn the CB on and gab away...

Thanks For the info.. that explains intercom...

One last clarification- If I wear helmet with headset in it, can I still talk thru mic and listen to CB thru speakers? Or does going thru speakers totally kill the headset connection (including mic).

I'm finding this very difficult to test- nobody locally has a bike with a CB!!! (OR A CASETTE DECK!!! :rasberry:)

The only other thing that remains a real question - and to test it, we just need to find two people with a CB that are nearby. But the IC volume setting may or may not control the voice volume transmitted across the CB.

This is something that I would like to know for sure as when I ride by myself with plans to have the CB on (listen to the truck traffic mostly) I like to turn the IC volume to 0 to avoid the necessary background noise from the intercom system - doing this, I have asked a few things on the radio and gotten no response, so I don't know if it is that people couldn't hear me because the transmit volume was turned down (c.f. IC volume) or if it was simply that no one chose to respond. With the IC volume up to where I normally keep it for intercom communications, I have gotten responses over the radio so I know that my deal works. ( I just haven't gotten a conclusive test after I started turning the IC to 0).

The only other thing that remains a real question - and to test it, we just need to find two people with a CB that are nearby. But the IC volume setting may or may not control the voice volume transmitted across the CB.

This is something that I would like to know for sure as when I ride by myself with plans to have the CB on (listen to the truck traffic mostly) I like to turn the IC volume to 0 to avoid the necessary background noise from the intercom system - doing this, I have asked a few things on the radio and gotten no response, so I don't know if it is that people couldn't hear me because the transmit volume was turned down (c.f. IC volume) or if it was simply that no one chose to respond. With the IC volume up to where I normally keep it for intercom communications, I have gotten responses over the radio so I know that my deal works. ( I just haven't gotten a conclusive test after I started turning the IC to 0).

NOt sure if its the same from a 1st gen to the 2nd gen , but on my 91 I keep the Ic volume turned off and talk to whomever I want . They all seem to hear me.

Hope this helps

david