IGNORED

Interesting concept, turn windshields into radio speakers

Gary N.

A local University Prof is working with Magna Corp to turn auto windshields into radio speakers. My oldest son worked with this prof when he was doing his masters thesis.

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/windsor/Windsor+researchers+turn+windows+into+speakers/2876125/story.html

If dat Perfessor was to come out wit a windshield cheesecake holder I'd buy one inna heartbeat.....regardless of de cost.

Boomer....who's werking onna drool-catcher for the Venture gas tank....and I'm not even a Perfessor.

But I bet the Boomer slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hell,that won't help me none....they always toss me out when I get to howling at the moon and knocking on doors at 2AM......:bawling:

Boomer.....the guy that likes to pee in the pool just to make sure the filters are werking.:smilies6:

If dat Perfessor was to come out wit a windshield cheesecake holder I'd buy one inna heartbeat.....regardless of de cost.

Boomer....who's werking onna drool-catcher for the Venture gas tank....and I'm not even a Perfessor.

Hey Boomer, a drool catcher is called a bib!!!:rasberry: Maybe you could wear one with the VR logo on it :stirthepot:

Annie.................ducking, as Boomer throws the pie.:duck::duck:

Hey Boomer, a drool catcher is called a bib!!!:rasberry: Maybe you could wear one with the VR logo on it :stirthepot:

Annie.................ducking, as Boomer throws the pie.:duck::duck:

boomer dont throws no pies before he eatsum!!:fatsmiley:

Gary,

The piezoelectric efect from a glass isn't new, but the idea to exploted as a low freq device is.

May be next one will be to replace the speakers with the fabric of the internal roof.

I still remember the old flat pannels that replaced the big baffles.

Electricity efficiency is the goal.

Regards,

Carlos

THANKS FOR THE HIJACK!

Just thought some would find this an interesting concept.

:confused24:

As a Physicist, I found it very interesting. As mentioned earlier, not ground shattering research or anything, but a very interesting application of the concept.

There are some practical issues that I am curious how they are going to deal with, but it sounds like they are on to something. I have looked up some more info on the research group and will be looking forward to their publications describing their research.

Thanks for sharing it.