IGNORED

startup check list problem

Today I started fixing the one last thing that dose not work right on my 1985 VR, The gas light/guage & warning light always says that there is no gas. I took apart my front screen and everything to get at the back of the main console to clean the plugs and conections. now that everything is pluged back together the start up check list dose not come on and it will dimly flash upon key turn.

Thanks,

Today I started fixing the one last thing that dose not work right on my 1985 VR, The gas light/guage & warning light always says that there is no gas. I took apart my front screen and everything to get at the back of the main console to clean the plugs and conections. now that everything is pluged back together the start up check list dose not come on and it will dimly flash upon key turn.

Thanks,

Do the same solder fix, as the CLASS controller, on the CMS as well. The CMS also gets, the cold solder joint problem. This should fix the fuel guage & maybe the power / ground connections. As it looks like one of those was disturbed, in the previous handling, of the CMS unit (re-check the plug too).

As always, post on your repair results.

:080402gudl_prv:

I found my problem for the gas light, There was a vary lose female connection on the top of the fule level sensor, I replaced it with a new one and gave the male side a light sand and now my gas light dose not come on and my take shows full, witch it is. I also took out my battery and put in back in abut 5 min later and my battery light seamed to fix itself.

There is only 2 small problems left on my bike, the highbeam light and headlamp light do not want to work. Both bulbs are good, Must be a bad connection I plan to have fixed by the end of the week. The headlamp light has never worked for me so I am not 100% sure on the use of it.

Thanks,

Clean the Starter Button and it's Contacts. There's an Opener inside which turns the front Light off while starting. If teh Button can't return to the normal Position or the Contacts are corroded, no front Light will come up.