IGNORED

Great Dealer, No More leaks!

friesman

I just got my bike back from Schraders Yamaha in Yorkton SK, and Ive had a chance to put a couple of hundred Kms on it in the last few days and its so nice to have no oil leaks! As some of you are aware ive been battling an oil leak or 2 for a couple of years now. Ive tried to get to the bottom of it, but could never seem to get it figured out. I managed to get the leak from the oil level sensor fixed, and was still leaking a bit out of the gear indicator switch (it was cracked) and the biggest leak was the infamous stator wire grommet issue.

I was having trouble to find anyone to work on my G1 that wasnt a hack locally, so did a lot of checking and found that Schraders was highly recommended and the mechanic (his name is Harley beleive it or not) likes Ventures and knows them like the back of his hand.

While it was in for the oil leak Schraders asked if it was ok to do a free inspection on my bike, I gave the ok, and they found my brakes, need new pads,and a new air filter.

I also had them do an oil change . They saved my old parts to show me that they really did need replacing as well.

I have to say that Schraders was a pleasure to deal with, and I even found the bill reasonable for the work done, I thought that a 550 dollar bill for replacing a gear indicator, oil change, brake pads, air filter, and fix the stator wire oil leak was very fair. VERY pleasant people and welcoming, they are about a 2 hour drive from Regina but worth it to me.

They also have a very nice 09 RSV sitting in the show room that could be had for a good price according to the service desk guys. the sticker on it was 19k cdn, they figured I should be able to get 4k on a trade in with my bike, but i like my G1 so why change now!!

After dealing with them I can see why they are Saskatchewans largest powersport dealer, it was an all around good experience.

Brian:banana::banana:

Edited by friesman

I just got my bike back from Schraders Yamaha in Yorkton SK, and Ive had a chance to put a couple of hundred Kms on it in the last few days and its so nice to have no oil leaks!

They also have a very nice 09 RSV sitting in the show room that could be had for a good price according to the service desk guys. the sticker on it was 19k cdn, they figured I should be able to get 4k on a trade in with my bike, but i like my G1 so why change now!!

Brian

Hey Brian, it must be the season for plugging leaks....:thumbsup2: The '91 has had a mystery leak ever since I bought it, and it was driving me nutz. I finally had Kurt replace the 'O' ring in the gear indicator and he drove the 'H' out of it with out leaking a drop. During that time he had Herb's cut-away middle gear cover on it. (It'll be mailed back to you Herb....) Anyway Kurt put the original cover back on and I trailered it back to the house. While syncing the carbs it started to leak again. Grrrr!! Anyway I went ahead and replaced the middle cover gasket, put some RTV gasket maker along the bottom edge, and it hasn't leaked a drop since. Yes I warmed the motor back up to make sure there was oil in the middle gear sump... :) Now it's on to figuring out all about the wiring on this thing....

PS: Hope you didn't touch that '09.... You know they give you warts.... :sign20: