IGNORED

Adjustments to MKI Saddlebags

bendtdj

I am hoping to tap into the brain trust here once again. I have been working on mounting the passenger arm rests I got from Snaggletooth. I have got that part figured out (photos to be posted later), but, when I tried to put the saddle bags back on, the "posts" were a tiny bit short. I am at work right now and was wondering if there is any adjustments to the length of the mounting posts that go into the slot?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Don't know about an adjustment on these and I am not sure if that big bolt turns. Me thinking it may be something else like not going in quite right with all the points. Sometimes It is a tight fit more me to get these on.

There is a big black thing over the two posts, they should be up against the saddlebag leaving them space to do the slide. Not much space there to work with. The Rick Bulter seat bolts just fit barley in between.

Just in case, push in and then slide forward.

But, I think if I remember right all you do is unscrew the rounded end of the post to give you more or less length....its the end that actually slides into the slot, not inside the bag. I dont know if it was intended to be used for that purpose but mine was too tight so I backed out the head of the post a bit used lock tite and then slid it into the slot.

Brian

i think it was just pliers to unscrew just the end knob, there was one that was a bit loose already. ill doublecheck in the next hour or so....

Brian

OK update, it looks like a hex key in the end of the shaft will let you unscrew the ball end and adjust.

Edited by friesman