IGNORED

Greetings from NJ

Guest gmrocket

Guest gmrocket

Hi gang - new to the list. I have a basket-case '83 Royale for which I will be seeking a lot of advice. It's got 30K miles but has been sitting in a garage for the last 12 years. I've been aquiring lots of parts that it needs (carbs, CB antenna, mirrors, left upper fairing, new rear master cylinder and lines, etc.). Two quick questions (couldn't find the answers in a search - apologies if I'm a dope!):

1. Do Dunlop Elite IIs work on the first-gen Royales? Looking to see if someone still makes RWL tires for it and your tips.

2. I see lots of references to "Seafoam" and its magical powers, but haven't found it in a shop or a catalog - what's the proper name and/or manufacturer of this stuff?

Thanks in advance!!!

Gregg

:2cents: Welcome to the family!!

I've got an 89vr and run Avons on it. They seem to grip real well and wear pretty good.

As for seafoam- It does a good job cleaning carbs and such- just dump it in the gas tank. Do not however use it in an old goldwing.

You can find it in most autoparts stores as well as wally-world.

My 89 was all together when I got it. Looked pretty good, but not well cared for. These folks have helped me bring it back from the graveside.

You're gonna be amazed- Just ask and wait. I don't think that you could ask a technical question that nobody can answer.

Greetings and welcome aboard!!, You'll be able to find out just---er everything you want to know about your scoot here.

Q1. I have just finished wearing out a set of E-IIs on my 93. Ordered 2 sets from different dealers. Waited 2 months with nothing but excuses. Love the RWL look but I can't have any it seems. Finally settled on Michelin Commanders. having them installed Saturday. Will report back.

Q2. I have been able to find Seafoam at nearly every auto parts store I have been to. Carquest, NAPA, Autozone and Pep-Boys all carry it.

Good Luck,

DJ

:group cheers: