IGNORED

Handy Throttle

Wolfie

Just got my "Handy Throttle" in from Cabela's today for my 4 wheeler. Put this on and you twist like a motorcycle instead of pushing with the thumb. I have small hands so I have to stretch with my thumb to even reach the throttle. My hand would ache and my thumb would hurt. Tried an extension, seemed to put it even further back. Found this at Cabela's and hope it will work.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Excited to try it out. Let me know if ya have tried it.

Be careful after it's installed...When you start cornering it you will have a tendency to crank the throttle (in a right hand turn)...Hasnt happened to me ...But I have seen it happen and it's not pretty.

What kind of ATV do ya have ?....I've got a 2003 Honda Rincon 650...Do most of my riding at Hatfield & McCoy and Wayne National Forest.

Be careful after it's installed...When you start cornering it you will have a tendency to crank the throttle (in a right hand turn)...Hasnt happened to me ...But I have seen it happen and it's not pretty.

What kind of ATV do ya have ?....I've got a 2003 Honda Rincon 650...Do most of my riding at Hatfield & McCoy and Wayne National Forest.

That is a good question, how many atv addicts here? What do you ride and how long have you been riding? I started in 1975 with an ATC 90, the big machine back then. I sold my Yamaha 225 3 wheeler in August and bought a used 2007 Yamaha Wolverine with 100 miles on it. I also have a Yamaha Rhino 660. We do some ditch riding in MN and have been to some of the trails in northern MN, plus going to WI riding.

Not much chance of wolfie having a runaway on her sunl 110cc 4 wheeler. I have a polaris 700 sportsman 4x4 and an older polaris 350 4x4

I have an old Honda 200SX, '86 model, here that is pretty much a beater. It's seen a hard life but still runs great. I noticed it on the side of the road on one of my business trips and stopped and looked at it. The guy had bought it a year before and said it didn't run when he bought it and he had never messed with trying to get it running. I bought it for $250.00, took it home, had it running in about 10 minutes. :)

It looks a bit rough but runs fine. I need to buy new sprockets and a chain for it. The front sprocket is worn so bad that the chain will skip on it if you get on it hard.

I used to own two '85 Honda 350X three wheelers. They were only made for two years ('85 and '86) before three wheelers got cut off. Those things were mean. Riding them was great exercise. I broke a few ribs, and snapped a collar bone once. Time went by to where I hardly rode them anymore, and no longer had any friends who did. So I finally sold them off.

I preferred the thumb throttle on these myself. When I was sliding around a corner sideways hanging on for dear life, at least I didn't have to worry about twisting the grip and cranking the throttle around. On a three wheeler, throttle control is a big key to whether you flipped over in a corner or not.

What kind of ATV do ya have ?....I've got a 2003 Honda Rincon 650...

I have the same,a 2003 650 Rincon. I have not ridden it much this summer. We have not had much rain and I got tired of eating dust.It gave me more RSV time though. Still waiting on the rain. We are planning a trip to WV to do some riding.

What kind of ATV do ya have ?....I've got a 2003 Honda Rincon 650...

I have the same,a 2003 650 Rincon. I have not ridden it much this summer. We have not had much rain and I got tired of eating dust.It gave me more RSV time though. Still waiting on the rain. We are planning a trip to WV to do some riding.

I'm with ya on that Tim....I dont care for hot weather, dust and mosquitoes...When it turns too cold to ride the Venture (usually after Thanksgiving) Then I start riding the Rincon hard...I have alot more fun in the snow....And with the right riding gear...Have never really had a problem in the cold (and we ride in some really cold weather)...Since you have a Rincon and have any questions...You ought to check out Rinconriders.com....There's about 4500 of us on there...They have some slick little tricks to get that rinny hoppin.