Just did my 1st carb sync with my Morgan Carbtune. WoW! When I first hooked up and did initial readings, 1&2 were slightly off, 3&4 were slightly off, and both were slightly off from each other. I first thought that this was a waste of time as all were fairly close to each other, but "what the Hey" I'd bought the Carbtune and might as well try. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked, and then I balanced 1&2 to 3&4. Even the idle smoothed out. When I ran the bike the difference was obvious-even the rumble/backfire was considerably reduced (looks like next job is the AIS). The job went smoothly thanks to the great instructions from Freebird and Kbran. Isn't this forum great!!!

Having your own carb balancer, regardless of what it cost (even up to $200) is well worth the investment IMHO if you plan on sticking with a multi-carb scoot for any length of time. I bought mine last winter as a Christmas gift to myself (LOL) ... can't believe I have gone so long without one...shoulda bought it many years ago.

Guest human4m

If your scoot is runnin' that much better, why don't ya' ride out to Richlands, NC and sync mine up for me?? I'm SURE it needs it! I have food, beer, soda, and ICE CREAM!!!!

Well I dug out my home made carb-balancer & adjusted my carbs...

It just didn't seem right... light occasional pop in exhaust during idle & lots of pop when decelerating. It was so weird that I re-read my instructions 4 times for doing it.

I rode the bike for a couple days & just dragged everything out to adjust it again. I didn't have a tach, so I dragged my oscilloscope out & hand made an inductive pickup & hooked it on spark plug cable #1... set the pulse period to 60ms (1000rpm) & started the adjustment again. Because the adjusting seemed wrong, I balanced 3&4, then switched the vacuum hookup lines between 3&4 & checked again. The adjustment was way off. So... I checked all my connections for the vacuum lines to my 4 foot tall oil/hose balancer & found a leak. Fixed the vac barrel leak & then everything adjusted great & now it is better than when i first started 4 days ago .

The moral of the story is re-check, re-check & re-check. Har! Sharing my embarrassment to hopefully save someone else some time.

johnb

Guest human4m
It's the same concept as "measure twice, cut once" :thumbsup2:

I like the notion of "Come do it for me, so I can blame you if it isn't right." :stickpoke:

If your scoot is runnin' that much better, why don't ya' ride out to Richlands, NC and sync mine up for me?? I'm SURE it needs it! I have food, beer, soda, and ICE CREAM!!!!

ICE CREAM? don't you still have snow way up there? The 2nd item looks good especially after the sun shines. We're starting to sweat down here in lower Alabama. That's why they call it the "SUNNY SOUTH"!

:cool10: