IGNORED

Uhaul rents small trailers, bike towable?

FutureVentures

Just for giggles I called U-haul and they said it can be towed behind any vehicle.

The vehicle must be rated for 2000 lbs towing capacity.

"A motorcycle is not a vehicle it is a bicycle."

The weight of that trailer empty is 535 lbs.

No one at U-Haul could give me the outside dimensions of the trailer.

The inside dimensions are 6 foot long by 3' 9" wide.

weve had these lil trailers at our local U Haul for a couple years now, and although the shape says "motorcycle" thats the only thing that does. they are wide, wider than some small cars, and they are heavy. i wouldnt even try it. now, if someone wanted to "borrow" ;) that shape, and build their own, i think it would be a very attractive concept.:12101:

yea, that thing is heavy and big for a motorcycle. NOTHING U-Haul rents is lightweight! They all have to stand up to the general public beating on it and not respecting it!

Plus a lot of their equipment is in questionable condition. Don't want a bearing locking up and wrecking you after the heavy thing eats your clutch! :)

There are lots of real motorcycle trailers you can get on various lists, Craigslist, E-bay etc, for not a lot of money, they you have one for your use anytime, or sell it again if it is just a one-time thing.

Only advantage I can see with a rental, is you don't have to buy a title/license.

Can you "rent" one from a friend? Be sure to offer to pay something, and get insurance just in case if you can.