IGNORED

A pretty sight

dmoff1698

Yesterday, wife and I were out and about, just enjoying getting on the bike for a time. We were heading out of OKC on the freeway when we were passed by two Motor Officers, riding side by side at about 70 MPH.

I picked up speed and stayed behind them for a while just watching them.

Like I said, we were traveling at 70 MPH, the two officers were exactly side-by-side. The thing was, there were never more than 2-4 inches between the tips of their handlebars, always perfectly aligned.

They were talking and laughing with each other, apparently perfectly relaxed, looking around enjoying the day as much as I was. I followed them through several lane changes, passing cars, until they took an exit. Never did they move further apart or get ahead of the other, during these manuvers. They never looked down at where they were in relation to the other, they just seemed to know.

I consider myself a fairly smooth and consistant rider, but I cannot imagine riding that close on purpose. The confidence you must have, not only in yourself but in your partner, is way beyond any I could muster.

It was a beautiful thing to see.:173:

Yeah, Ponch & John used to ride like that on C.H.I.P.s.

Broke my heart when I found out they were really on a trailer being pulled by a camera truck. :rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

Seriously, I have done that side by side thing. You really have to trust your self and riding partner.