IGNORED

Ride in the " heavy " Rain

GeorgeS

Went for an hour ride on the Busa yesterday. Stopped out at my son's place for an hour, and guess what? It started raining ( pouring is more like it ) .

Anyway, decided to run the 10 miles home in the rain, as dinner would soon be ready, ( my wife is a great cook!! )

So, this was my first good " rain rideing " test of my new set of Bridgestone, BT- 020 tires, ( front and rear ) installed a this summer.

These tires are advertised as general usage for sport bikes, not for extreme performance. Longer lasting, as Bridgestone claims.

Anyway, I was Extremely impressed as to how these tires performed in the extreme rain conditions. I tried a few manuvers and did not note any slippage, or slideing under the extreme rain condx.

Traffic was going normal speed even with the extreme rain.

These tires are not made in size's for touring bikes, however if you ride a sport bike, and do a lot of rain driveing in your area. This information may be of interest.

I am also very satisfied with my new Avon's on the 89 Venture .

I ran about 200 miles on I-5 last month in heavy rain, and no complaints as to rain driveing qualities of the Avon Venoms.