Hi all hope everybodies fine.

Small problem and im sure you guys will help, my second gen aerial parts have gone rusty chrome coming off. I cannot find there part number in the manual to order new part, any help would be wonderful. added a photo you might need to enlarge it to see yello circle around parts.

Thanks Dave ( UK )

Dave,

Here is the parts view of the antennas wih the Yamaha numbers. put yours in as an '06 and it's on the Audio Equipment 1 page view.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/parts/home.aspx

It looks like in the pic that your looking for the am/fm antenna mount the part # is 4XY-88141-10-00 but your going to go into sticker shock when you see how much it is. If you need some help getting one from this side of the pond let us know.

Dave,

I havn`t seen any yet that do not rust... if you get new parts they will rust also...I have no Idea what the part numbers are. Some guys have changed to the Fire Sticks, I think they change out the whole thing, so that gets rid of the rusting parts. I am sure that some one who has done this will chime in with more info on it..

Hope all is well with you and yours, have a great day!!

Hi all hope everybodies fine.

Small problem and im sure you guys will help, my second gen aerial parts have gone rusty chrome coming off. I cannot find there part number in the manual to order new part, any help would be wonderful. added a photo you might need to enlarge it to see yello circle around parts.

Thanks Dave ( UK )

Thanks guys for your reply, i need both sides but cannot get them here as bike is not sold in UK. if its not to much trouble you could find the price for me and also price and any info on what some riders have changed there aerials for.

Really greatful Dave (UK)

Mine rusted as well. I can remove the surface rust with a wire wheel on a Dremel but it still looks bad and soon comes back. I am thinking about cleaning them up, coating with dielectric grease and putting a piece of black heat-shrink tubing over them. They won't be chrome anymore but should be better than rust. Alternatively, I have considered using some enamel black or silver paint - again, better than the rust.

Ross

have you tried a coat of clear on them after you clean them up???

Mine rusted as well. I can remove the surface rust with a wire wheel on a Dremel but it still looks bad and soon comes back. I am thinking about cleaning them up, coating with dielectric grease and putting a piece of black heat-shrink tubing over them. They won't be chrome anymore but should be better than rust. Alternatively, I have considered using some enamel black or silver paint - again, better than the rust.

Ross

have you tried a coat of clear on them after you clean them up???

After the Dremel, the surface still looks pretty bad - no chrome left at all. The clearcoat on top still wouldn't look very good. I think I'll cover them with something. If the heat-shrink doesn't look good, I'll probably paint them.

Thanks guys for your reply, i need both sides but cannot get them here as bike is not sold in UK. if its not to much trouble you could find the price for me and also price and any info on what some riders have changed there aerials for.

Really greatful Dave (UK)

Dave,

I have bought from Zanotti H/D Yamaha and they are pretty competitive on their prices. The am/fm antenna is $83.75 USD the cb is $151.58 the shipping to one of us stateside would probably be in the $15 area, then us to you would more than likely be $30 to get it across the pond. Zanotti might ship directly to you, but that would have to be verified I would hazard to guess the entire deal would be close to $300 USD.

I have used Firestick antennas in the past and they have worked well. They go for about $25 each and are tuneable for the CB. I have replaced 2nd gen antennas before complete with mounts for less than $100 USD. If you want stock, we can make that happen. Shoot a PM and we'll see what we can make happen for you :thumbsup2:

• 1 month later...

After taking your advice i bought some shrink wrap of Ebay, cut to length 45mm and fitted then got hair dryer out. looks nice job thanks all.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]43877[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Edited by Midnight_Star
addition