IGNORED

How to Remove Stencil/Airbrush Paint...

Christo

I have a buddy of mine who bought a used '99 RSV. The previous owner had some custom stencil paint stuff done to it on the trunk, his and his wife's names, and since the new owner, my buddy, does not have the same names as the previuos owner, we need to take it off.

The rumor, we read somewhere, is you can use easy-off oven stuff to remove the paint without hurting the original paint underneath.

So is this true? Is there way? What other methods might work. Th trick here is to remove the newer paint and leave the original paint untouched and unharmed. Any ideas, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Easy-Off Oven Cleaner works great !!. The trick is not to leave it on two long. A guy that has done some pinstrip work for me cleaned up my tank, by removing some feathers that were painted on it. He sprayed it on and let it sit for about 30 sec. then wiped it of followed by a good wipe down with fresh water. He did this 2 or 3 times till it was all off and did not harm the clearcoat.

I would use a rubbing compound ( white ). Not knowing the thickness of the paint, you will have more control of the removal process. I would use it with a damp cotton cloth. Oven cleaner is good for removing plastic and rubber from chrome exhaust. Would hate to see you have to paint, when a little time spent will insure a safer end result. :225:

As Mongo said...Easy-Off Oven cleaner...I used to have a Goldwing and went to a lot of Goldwing rallies. There are always pinstripers and murals being put on Goldwings. I talked to a lot of the painters, the people putting on the murals, graphics and pinstripes...they all said to use Easy Off oven cleaner. (But I would be pretty careful with it, never tried it myself.)