IGNORED

CD - Installation

MikeWa

Yes it will. If you need a cbus cable I have one. It is longer than you need for the bike but you can coil up the excess in the fairing. Actually it should be dc-625. Hopefully just a typo. the general rule is if it is cbus it will work. when it is hooked up and as you go through the options FM1 FM2 AM Aux there will be A CD option to stop at. Most of us that had one have quit using it because an MP3 player takes up so much less room and doesn't skip.

Edited by midnightventure

Thanks for the info midnightventure. Yes, it was a typo, should have been DC-625. I have some hearing problems and music is no longer as appealing as it used to be so I wasn't planning to install a CD changer. Also since the audio on the bike doesn't have a balance control (which would help me a lot) I don't care one way or the other about the cassette player. Doesn't hurt to have it I just don't use it. But I ran across this used CD changer for $60 and decided why not. I generally ride one up and only have to worry about one helmet so I will probably mount it in the trunk. I haven't seen the cable yet so I don't know if I am in need or not. Hopefully working around the trunk will give me a chance to open the CB and find out why it transmits so poorly. It doesn't hardly move my field strength meter off zero. Oh well thats another problem to toy with.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got the cd changer installed in the trunk. Took some work to run the cable to the front. But it was worth it. Sounds pretty good to me to. But of course I am deaf in one ear. For a guy who doesn't get the most out of music I sure have a lot of different ways of getting noise on this bike. AM-FM, cassette tape, cd changer, and MP3.

I mounted the changer on foam mounts to the inside back of the trunk. I passed the cable down through the rubber plug under the trunk, under back seat and through the plug on the left side behind the battery under the riders seat. I also replaced the two Yamaha rubber plugs, which are different sizes, with PCV grommets from the auto parts store. They are heavier duty and already have a hole in the center. From there I tucked the cable along the left side of the battery through the center frame support and crossed it over to the right side. I then passed it through the electrical cable conduit that is under the tank. From where it exited the conduit it was easily passed it through the inner fairing to the front of the bike. I looped the excess cable and plugged the end into the c-bus terminal of the radio.