IGNORED

Yamaha Nights at the dealer....

Snaggletooth

Well the local multi-brand bike dealer here had their big night show for Yamaha. Had a few Yamaha factory reps on hand and FREE HOT DOGS!

The hot dogs turned out to be the highlight of the night. LOL! Just sayin'.

Not a RSV in sight........a T-D, a row of V-Stars, plenty of crotch rockets and a 2010 V-Max.

So I finally got a rep cornered and posed the question........Will there be a RSV in 2011? Got a shrug. He had no idea. But he did say "if" there was we could expect a choice of two colors.

Like I expected more?

But on the bright side........I got to park my butt on the V-Max. I likey! Felt like a mini-bike after the '84. Would have been nice to fire it up and go for a spin but that wasn't going to happen.

And back in the used row they had a '89 Venture with 40,000 on it for $4,998.00. Burgundy with ghost flames. After a good look it looked like the new paint was there for a reason.

But the hot dogs were good. Free. Always good.

So much for the big event.

Well the local multi-brand bike dealer here had their big night show for Yamaha. Had a few Yamaha factory reps on hand and FREE HOT DOGS!

The hot dogs turned out to be the highlight of the night. LOL! Just sayin'.

Not a RSV in sight........a T-D, a row of V-Stars, plenty of crotch rockets and a 2010 V-Max.

So I finally got a rep cornered and posed the question........Will there be a RSV in 2011? Got a shrug. He had no idea. But he did say "if" there was we could expect a choice of two colors.

Like I expected more?

But on the bright side........I got to park my butt on the V-Max. I likey! Felt like a mini-bike after the '84. Would have been nice to fire it up and go for a spin but that wasn't going to happen.

And back in the used row they had a '89 Venture with 40,000 on it for $4,998.00. Burgundy with ghost flames. After a good look it looked like the new paint was there for a reason.

But the hot dogs were good. Free. Always good.

So much for the big event.

Better than our Yamaha dealer....they don't even do hot dogs.....not to mention a 70 cent rubber gasket that I needed.

"We don't carry those, you'll have to order that online."

To which I asked, "If you were servicing my bike, how would you replace it? The owners manuel says to change the gasket everytime you change the coolant.

The answer, "We wouldn't change it unless we had one in stock."

No Thanks, never a penny spent in there again!

Ben

It's because of Yamaha "demo days", where the factory comes to a dealer with an 18 wheeler full of new bikes, that we have an RSV.

My wife and I heard about demo days coming to a local dealer, and decided it would be something fun to do for a day. The idea of a better long distance bike was in the back of my mind, but we weren't shopping or seriously thinking about swapping bikes.

We first test rode the 950, because it seemed to be my size in the showroom. From experience, I know that sitting on bikes in a showroom is deceiving, though, and they feel much different when ridden. 2-up, I had to ride that bike like I stole it to keep up with the group of about 12 other bikes, which included an R1, VMax, RSV, and an RSTD. It was a chore, it scraped the floorboards around almost every corner, and it vibrated bad since I was having to rev the snot out of it. And she was getting wind blasted and the back seat was small and hard. Not fun.

So after chatting with one of the Yamaha factory reps, who was about my size, he recommends we ride the RSTD. I look at it, and it looks BIG. It's also a big V-twin, which is going to vibrate bad. A big, heavy, shaking bike. What could be worse? But the guy is adamant, and says he thinks we'll be surprised. So, we rode it, and we loved it, all except for the really hard passenger seat.

When we got back, I mentioned to the guy that the V-twin was as smooth and nicely reving as my V-Strom, and he says, "That's because it's a V-four." :sun1:

So now we went from not serious at all about a new bike to really thinking about a new bike. She sees the back seat on the RSV, and sits on it in the showroom, and says, "This one is really comfortable!" Then we find out it's the same engine as the RSTD we just rode.

Fast forward 2 months, and we have our RSV.

I don't remember any free hot dogs or anything, but thanks Yamaha demo days!

:thumbsup2: