IGNORED

crash 'n burn!!! computer

barend

Well, it seems it happened to me :doh: I was online last night and everything locked up, I wound up shutting the thing down and restart and all i got was as my friend calls it "the blue screen of death" after about five failed attempts i dropped it off and he calls me this afternoon and tells me "good news", I found why it won't boot up! I say: Great, so did you get it going? and he says: well, that's the bad news!! sure enough, hard drive crashed, it can't find the boot program, disk severely corrupted. etc. Oh yeah!! This is good stuff!! A rather pricey Dell tablet PC and it's not worth a crapola and due to my own .... shall we say lack of diligence :innocent::innocent::innocent: ...... of course, you guessed it: NO back up!!! Yes!!! I love this stuff!

Well; compost happens, I know I'll be trying to figure what i can salvage from this mess, heck might even start a back up regimen. Wonder if i can claim no income for 2009 now :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cool17:

I watched CNN news last night and they had a 10 minute warning report that was saying there is going to be one heck of a cyber attack on computers over the next week.

They said the attack will be on several businesses and personal computers and then they went on letting you know at minimum what you should have on your computer to avoid the attack.

They said this will be one of the largest and most sophisticated attacks ever and that they are out to get personal info from your computer and possibly into bank accounts.

I'm not saying this to cause a "fire" here, but to provide notification for all to protect their computers with a firewall and virus ware.

Have a friend burn you a live Linux CD. Set the BIOS to boot from a CD. Good chance just the boot sector on the HD went. Linux should see all your files, copy them to a flash drive. I've done this half a dozen times on "crashed drives".

Unfortunately, my friend already tried that, if I understand correctly Linux could not even see the hard drive originally, and after that, it turns out to be corrupted in multiple places ... It's a mess, but can't blame anyone but myself :buttkick::confused24::bang head: