IGNORED

Clock Ideas and Alternatives

rumboogy

OK...just ordered one of the switch housing clocks. I tried to call, but got an answering machine...

I went ahead and ordered because this video cleared up a lot for me.

YouTube- Switch Housing Mount Install Video

Good video. Please let us know how you like it?

I use the trip clock all the time. But, I am interested in the thermometer. Anyone use the Clocks4Bikes thermometer?

Dave

I almost bought it at the same time to balance out the sides...but decided to wait until I get the clock first.

I assume (common sense)...that the thermometer would be good for ambient temperatures only and would be effected by wind, rain, and direct sunlight...but still neat to have I guess.

I almost bought it at the same time to balance out the sides...but decided to wait until I get the clock first.

I assume (common sense)...that the thermometer would be good for ambient temperatures only and would be effected by wind, rain, and direct sunlight...but still neat to have I guess.

Oddly enough, I too am affected by wind, rain, and direct sunlight.

At a M&E last year, the bank thermometers read 106F. I was wondering if it was hotter on the roadway... being made of asphalt and all.

What do others use for thermometers?

Dave

Oddly enough, I too am affected by wind, rain, and direct sunlight.

At a M&E last year, the bank thermometers read 106F. I was wondering if it was hotter on the roadway... being made of asphalt and all.

What do others use for thermometers?

Dave

Not sure what he uses but you can pm studmuffin( riderduke). He has a thermometer installed on his bike with a prob that is near the back of his bike.

David

OK...got my clock today from http://www.clocks4bikes.com.

The quality is outstanding!! It was very easy to install and looks GREAT on my bike...I REALLY like the switch housing mount.

In fact, right after I did the install (2 minutes), I came right in and placed another order for the temperature gauge. It will be here in a few days and I'll mount it on the other side.

Interestingly, an hour after I placed the order, I get a phone call from the company person/owner (Linda), asking me if I liked the clock since I had also purchased the temperature gauge. I told her I was VERY pleased with the clock and she said, well you ordered the WHITE FACED clock, but you ordered the BLACK FACED temperature gauge. She asked did I want to change it to the WHITE FACED dial to match my clock...NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I bought switch house mounted clock and thermometer with the EL backlighted dial when you push a button. The backlight comes on for ONLY 3 seconds which extends the life of the battery in the clock.

Again...EXCELLENT CLOCK, EXCELLENT QUALITY and SUPERB SERVICE. And no, they don't know me from Adam, and they don't know that I have even given them a review.

Here is the link for the one(s) I bought:

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/Switch_Housing_Mount_Clock.html

Yep me too?

Like I told the OTHER fella...the Formotion Clock would not work on my bike due to the location of my Zumo. The Clocks4Bikes Clock was a switch housing mount and worked perfectly.

Others might have the same problem and I was just pointing out the differences.

Not sure what he uses but you can pm studmuffin( riderduke). He has a thermometer installed on his bike with a prob that is near the back of his bike.

David

This is the one i have. I like the temp feture and the Volt meter on it is also great. they are not 100% waterproof but in the 3 years i've had it it hasn't had a problem, and i ride in rain all the time. the only problem is about once a year i have to replace the sticky velcro because it doesn't hold well in with the heat and sun on it.. i have it mounted on my risers.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=14124&Category_Code=Electronics