IGNORED

Dunlop E 3 frt.

Cutty

Every time I've tried to get one over the last two years I've been told they are "back ordered" til sometime 6 or7 months out. I just buy the 404 (or is ours the 402?) and I'm pretty happy with it. Good mileage and nice stickiness! I have about 10K on the current set I put on in early August and I think I'll get a couple more out of them. And I'm back to the E3 on the back too, after two tries on the Venom. Love the Venom on my Intruder...Hate them on the Venture (86). :thumbdown:

When I got my 86, it had Venoms on it and I was elated because I had them on the Intruder. But the Venture got the wobbles decelerating in the corners and running at speed. when I went to Dunlops and fixed a few things, I thought I had it dialed in. Heck, I even kept up with muffinman! Then I went back to the Avons. I couldn't run over 75 cause it would "wander" and if there were trucks around it was all over the place. Then I changed the rear tire to a Dunlop with the Avon on the front. Now I could run up to 85 before it started to wander. Then, before my cross counttry trip, I put a 404 on the front. I've had it over 100 mph without the wobbles. That tells me a lot! (See the picture below, 95 and I can be messing with a camera!) I kept the Avon front because it has some mileage left in it, but now I'm not sure that I'll put it back on.

I hope that helps, Cutty. No Avons on a 1st gen!

86er I did the same thing I pulled off the front avon and put my old tire elite 2 back on ,heck it has 3/32 tread and it does fine with no problems at all.The Avon AM41 still has 6/32 tread left and I did not like the feel over 75 mph.It would not stay in place same as your bike.

I will go back with Elite 2 (HOPE) if not - 404 front / Elite3 rear

So Cutty you or anybody else wants my front Avon AM41 120/90-18 blackwall with 6/32 tread left give me a PM.

Free Tire All I ask is cover for shipping.

Buddy