IGNORED

zumo 550

I have a small problem now. I bid on a Garmin 2730 on the 23rd of Dec and then promptly forgot about it because it was only for $199. Then the other day I was in a pawn shop. (my wifes family owns 2 and I am addicted) and saw a Zumo 550 (no mount or cable) for $20!!!!!!. When I got home I found out that I won the 2730 also. Which one should I mount? I have to buy the complete wiring and mount for the zumo, but think I would prefer it afterwards. What do you think?

the Zumo works great except I have to charge it through the computer and of course NO SOUND. I found the complete kit on E-Bay for $107. I will have to wait until I get the other to make the decision, but If I get rid of the Zumo, Eck you can have it for what I paid plus shipping

Wilkie- The 2730 would do what you want easily. The 550 has bluetooth, SD card for music and XM capability. Make sure you have the receipt from the pawn shop. Then you can contact Garmin and register the unit. Then you can get the lifetime map update. It is about $90-$100 and gets you 3-4 updates each year.

Either way, I'll be happy to wire the critter up. I got my workbench bolted together today. I might be functional in the shop by sometime Sunday.

Oh, if you left a message the other day my phone has been freezing up and has selective message retention.

JB

Well I got everything in the mail, and I think I will like the Zumo 550 and will be getting rid of the streetpilot 2730. It works great. I updated it, but had to do it with my laptop in the truck because I don't have an AC adapter (just purchased one on E-Bay). I like that the Zumo has a battery in it. The Streetpilot has a 20 gig HD for music and books, but came with no XM Antenna. I think I will sell it for what I am in it. Anybody interested before I put it on E-Bay? $220 with the AC Adapter/Auto stand/cigarette lighter-speaker and unit shipped to you in US/Canada. (sorry Annie if you want it. I will have to check on shipping down under). It would still need the motorcycle mount and wiring for the bike ($37.00)