IGNORED

1988 V-Maxfinal drive

Hi all, well I installed the 88 final drive in my 03 Venture and it is great! The 88 does not have the boss for the speedo sensor but it did work. The o-ring sits really close to the curved edge of the housing and I had to use 3 small stainless washers to make up the distance from the housing to the sensor where the screw goes. So far no problems. I did have to use a piece of rebar to hold up the yoke in the drive tube and then put a length of alum bar stock under it to hold it up to get the drive shaft in place. This final drive is much tighter than the stock one I took out (a lot of wear on the stock unit) no more slack and that is nice. Anyway I hope everyone is having a great Christmas.

After I got the 88 unit for $99 I found a 99 unit for $99, came real close to buying it too.

Wayne

Edited by turbota2

If you can do the machine work, this is the cheapest way to do this. I did this same thing too, and I also used one of the older units before I realized the later ones have a blank boss there. I used a small plate machined to take up the space. It's better to start with a later one.