IGNORED

The Striped-Snake

fardnarger

It's 489 curves within 12 miles of store.

www.shadyvalleycountrystore.com/

www.tailofthedragon.com/ShadyValley/ShadyValley.html

These web sites can tell you more about it. I have never been on all the roads listed but was on some of them last year.

You will have to copy and paste the entire web site (not just the part in blue) to get to the sites.

Edited by KarlS

This is my back yard. I was thru there about a three weeks ago. It is a lot like The Dragon in that there are usually a bunch of crotch rockets, especially on the weekends. Some of them are down right stupid in some of their antics and sometimes it gets them killed. Occasionally, the cops will patrol heavy when it gets bad. That last time I was there I saw four Tennessee State Troopers as I passed thru. Most of the speed limit is 45 and it is probably more curvy than the Dragon.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

My wife and I went up there last summer. Had a great time. Got lost once. Took a wrong turn in a cemetery and went up and over a mountain on a road that would have given a goat the shivers. Can't wait to do it again at a slower pace! Elizabethton, TN is a good place to stay and start off in the morning. Drop on down to Boone, NC during the trip and take in the sites. You won't regret this ride at all!!