IGNORED

anybody ever seen one of these?

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143
Hey Ken, You bring back such memories with those pics. :thumbsup2:

My widowed aunt, with six! children had a "schmitt" and we used to pack into it like sardines when I was a kid. :Laugh:

You'd be amazed at how many kids' we could get in there, but needed someone on the outside to shut the lid :doh: It was a real case of "Stack 'em and rack 'em" :crackup::crackup::crackup:

6 kids in that little bitty thing? Wow. And one adult. I guess there was a lot of togetherness!

Yes I have. When I was a kid my friends neighbor had a red one. Got to set in it, I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time. The neighbor had a heavy equipment parts warehouse and would assemble these cars and sell them. Would also see a white and red one once in a while at the AC Spark Plug factory where my Mother worked along with one of those little cars that the whole front of the car, steering wheel and all would swing open so you could get in. BMW Isetta Bubble Car.

My younger sister drove an Isetta to high school. She ended up getting a special parking place because the boys would pick her car up and put it in all kinds of places. It was a neat car to drive, but hard to miss a pot hole unless you drove around it because the two rear wheels were close together.

RandyA

Nice pics. In fact there is a nice Micro Car Museum in Madison Ga. out side Atlanta that we took a tour of last spring at one of our M/E's. Been there twice, neat place.

It was a great M&E and a wonderful surprise to see so many of them in one place. Easy to get to and find. Right off I-20 east of Atlanta, GA about 1 hour in Madison. Well worth the ride and you can't beat the admission price. $5 donation to the local animal shelter and your in.:sign woo hoo: