IGNORED

83 cb antennae

Caveman

Guy's, My brother,(smoothcruiser), who just joined and bought an 83, is in the process of getting her on the road. He asked me to see if anyone has a cb antennae for sale or otherwise. Didn't see anything in the classified. You can pm smoothcruiser with info. Thanks in advance, Caveman.

PS; I think he wasn't sure of how to search forum or where to post. He'll get there eventually as we all do..... Thanks!!!!

Does he have the cable and the antenna mount? If so, I know that the Honda GL1200 Goldwing antennas will work. I converted my '89 into a two-antenna system. I used two GL1200 antennas I found at a junk yard.:missingtooth:

I have a used antenna from my '89 VR that works, but I'm not sure how well as it was clipped just above the black plastic piece in the middle of the antenna. I know it receives AM/FM well, but I have no idea if it will allow for transmitting or receiving CB traffic.

Since the '83 doesn't have a CB, any OEM antena without the center load will work. Actuall it's nothing more than a stainless whip. The nice thing about picking up an OEM is that it will have the fold down base to clear for a cover. BTW a center load will work too, but they usually bring more money on Ebay.