I haven't found a way how to do it on my Midnight venture and Garmin ZUMO GPS.

I basically load it up with MP3 tunes and use that.. when ever Lucille needs to tell me where to turn, she cuts out the MP3 music and tells me.. then resumes playing..

She's a sweety..

I use a 6 inch Y cable and plug it into the AUX port. One side goes to the GPS the other to my Ipod. When the GPS "talks" it does so at the same time as the song that is playing. I may not understand what was said by the GPS but it got my attention so I look at the screen and not miss the turn. I've tried to have the volume on the GPS louder to hear it over the Ipod but still hard to understand.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...I thought there was a MOD cable to fix this...or could you plug it into the AUX input?

Won't one of these mods fix this so that you can here the GPS through the headphones?

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905]Installing an Aux line splitter - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

or

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15370]How to install the BuddyRich Blue-Tooth Cable - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Wally

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...I thought there was a MOD cable to fix this...or could you plug it into the AUX input?

Won't one of these mods fix this so that you can here the GPS through the headphones?

Installing an Aux line splitter - VentureRider.Org

or

How to install the BuddyRich Blue-Tooth Cable - VentureRider.Org

Wally

Yes, but you need to have your control set to "AUX" I dont believe that you can use either of these mods to listen to the radio and listen to the GPS. If you have a Zumo then you can either do MP3 or Satelite radio. the Buddyrich cable will also enable you to use the Bluetooth option on the GPS through the headset.

Hope this helps.

See, that's the thing.. you are either going to be listening to the AUX signal or the AM/FM signal.. you can't really listen to both on the bike's stereo system.. The voice prompts will come through the AUX signal (set the controller to AUX vice AM/FM)

Ideally, it would be nice if the AUX could cut in over AM/FM like CB does..

The ZUMO will mute it's MP3 music when Lucille talks..

I have the Kenney cellset on my bike. Since I don't use the cell phone on the bike anymore I plug the gps into the cellset and it works no matter what mode the selection of am/fm/cass/aux/disc is selected as the cellset works via the intercom.