IGNORED

Dunlop Elite III Rear Tires backordered

Pic

I ordered a new set of Dunlop Elite 3s for my 07 from Bike Bandit on 10/20. They had the front in stock, received it in 3 days and was very pleased. The back tire was backordered. First date they gave me was 10/30 from the factory. Then it pushed to 11/10. I was out of town last week and when I got back I checked my order and still showed back ordered. Called them Monday morning and it has now pushed to 11/20.

Have a flat on the back. 13,000 miles on set with tread left, but had a peice of metal in back I removed and plugged till I get my new ones in. Got home and the tire is flat again. Aired it up and is leaking. Don't want to take a chance with it now.

Called around to all the local shops, Yamaha, Honda, Power Sports, Cycle Gear, etc. No one has one in stock. Checked all the online sources, same thing.

Went to the Cycle World international Motorcycle Show Sunday in Dallas, had to drive truck cause flat tire on bike. Weather was bueatiful, not happy about not rididng. Found a Dunlop rep there and he told me that size tire is not a big sellar so they are probably pushing it back to meet other tire deliveries.

Anyway I called Bike Bandit back Monday morning and they had plenty of Avons in stock so I ordered one ($30 more) and it was delivered yesterday. Very happy with Bike Bandit folks willing to help any way they could and got my tire to me quick.

I have a ride this Saturday that has been planned for long time and have missed riding to work for a couple of weeks when the weather was great. Also a lot of Toy Runs coming up I want to do.

Just letting everyone know if you are thinking of getting a Dunlop Elite 3 you need to order now and maybe you might get it by Christmas.