IGNORED

Continental ContiTour

AKRefugee

Now, keep in mind I have a 1986 First Gen. I have a set of Continental Conti-Tours with about 10K on them. They have about 5K left. The inflation limit is 49psi. At that pressure, they ride rough one up. I run 38 front and 40 rear. I have run as low as 35 in the front with no adverse handling. I just find that pressure gives a bit of side roll softness when I get agressive. With that in mind, I have had no complaints. Good siping in the rain, and never felt squirrely on the highway. Don't seem to follow tar snakes or grooves any different than any other tire. Traction in curves has been good. The only thing I noticed when I put them on was a bit heavier steering. Precise and responsive but took a bit more push on the bars. They made the bike react quicker when coming up off of a lean. I suspect a fairly heavy sidewall. I know that there is a different construction down the center for highway. To me they are a great all purpose tire. If I was running heavy on the twisties, I might go with a softer compound. However, I run a lot of sustained highway speeds. Good balance of quality for the price.

My Humble Opinions, Your Mileage May Vary.

JB

When I bought my 88 Venture Royale last year, it needed a set of tires in order to pass State inspection. So I bought a set of Conti Tours.

They worked just fine until they wore out in early summer 2009. I was disappointed about the mileage I got out of them, but they worked just fine. Wet or dry, pavement grooves, grated bridges -- all OK.

It's a good set of tires. The front got about 7,000 miles when I decided to replace it. The rear about 6,000. I always replace my tires well while the tread is still OK, for safety's sake.

Would I recommend Conti Tours? Yes, they're fine. They're black, round, and hold air. They perform well.

Nick Diaz

Middletown.

Can't speak about a rear, but I have had no trouble with front.

last one had 33,000 ks, & it still had more than 1 mm tread

left (yeah worn out I know). :scared:Probably 3,000 or 4,000 less

would have been safer. Handling far better on new one.

I bought 2 more fronts at the same time, from 2 different dealers.

Here's the thing, the 1 I had fitted & currently run is made in

Germany, the other in Korea. Now I'm not saying there will be any

difference, fact is I don't know. But will be interesting to compare-

life of tyre, feel etc. Have it stored in house so should be ok.

If had known, would only have bought german one (just my choice)

My :2cents:

cheers

Tony

I just pulled an Contitour off the rear of my Venture.

It seemed to stick OK, but it would NOT track well with the new E3 I mounted up front.

Mounted another E3 on the tail end and viola`, all is right with the world.

Years ago I ran a set of ContiBlitz on my Nighthawk and I really liked them.

The Contitour may be good tires, but this small bit of experience on my Venture has done it for me. I'm out of the Continental tire business. :255: