IGNORED

S'Cool Bus Venture?????

Patrick46

Wonder what it's like to ride (drive?).

It'd have to be a handfull! With that long of a wheelbase, it would make the front end wanna flop in the corners I would think. Maybe not too bad though as they didn't change the front end geometry at all. I suppose like anything...once you got used to it, it wouldn't be too bad.

I sure wouldn't want a bunch of squirely passengers on it though! :smilies6:

In my opinion, I would have to say it is VERY cool...

A whole lot of engineering went into that thing and I commend the person(s) for their ingenuity..You can bet it was not designed and put together in a week..

All the wiring harnesses had to be extended let alone the frame.

Panels designed and machined, formed and made.. Lots of design work in it.:thumbsup2:

A whole lot of engineering went into that thing and I commend the person(s) for their ingenuity..You can bet it was not designed and put together in a week..

All the wiring harnesses had to be extended let alone the frame.

Panels designed and machined, formed and made.. Lots of design work in it.:thumbsup2:

Actually...to a person who knows what they're doing, and has the proper tools available...this could definately be done in a week.

The wiring is only the leads to the taillight system........2 hours tops!

The biggest challenge had to be the driveshaft, but once you had the proper measurements, than that can be stretched in a few hours on a lathe. Not all that difficult.

And from what I understand about this build, they had a good crew as well.

Didn't you ever watch Monster Garage???

I build hot-rods and bikes from the ground up all the time...no problem.....but now give me a computer problem?????? :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Could not find an episode of Patent Bending where they build a motorcycle school bus. But from this discription it sounds like it may be it.

AQUA MOTORCYCLE

The Patent Benders get stopped in their tracks while tackling the complex job of making a motocycle that converts to a water-borne vehicle…then make something even cooler.

Season 1 episode 13. Aired on November 14 2006.

Could not find an episode of Patent Bending where they build a motorcycle school bus. But from this discription it sounds like it may be it.

AQUA MOTORCYCLE

The Patent Benders get stopped in their tracks while tackling the complex job of making a motocycle that converts to a water-borne vehicle…then make something even cooler.

Season 1 episode 13. Aired on November 14 2006.

Yup that was it, I have seen that episode. Someone else made the aquacycle, 2 weeks before episode production, so the S'cool bike was a quick subsitute. The episode also showed it, at a Friday the 13th Port Dover bike gathering.

Ok guys I found the episode. They talk about building an aquamotorcyle for about 10 minutes then decide to build the Venture school bus. Good quality video.

File is AVI playable on Windows Media Player. 178 meg

http://rapidshare.com/files/299792481/Patent.Bending.S01E13.avi.html

Edited by elag