IGNORED

Just finished Iron Butt Ride - SS 1000

seforeman

I just got back from completing my Saddlesore 1000 Iron Butt Ride. It was an amazing experience. I rode from Northern NJ (Morristown), left at 12:22 AM - met up with my buddy on the Turnpike and we arrived in Orlando, Florida at 7:37 PM, 1117.5 Miles. We had great weather and choose the hours perfectly and hit no traffic. We averaged 68 miles per hour (70 miles per hour moving average), and total time riding was 15 hours and 50 minutes.

I wish to extend a special thanks to Rick Butler for modifications to my Saddlemen Seat. He made the seat so comfortable, that my saddle was not sore at all. Thanks Rick!

Stuart

I just got back from completing my Saddlesore 1000 Iron Butt Ride. It was an amazing experience. I rode from Northern NJ (Morristown), left at 12:22 AM - met up with my buddy on the Turnpike and we arrived in Orlando, Florida at 7:37 PM, 1117.5 Miles. We had great weather and choose the hours perfectly and hit no traffic. We averaged 68 miles per hour (70 miles per hour moving average), and total time riding was 15 hours and 50 minutes.

I wish to extend a special thanks to Rick Butler for modifications to my Saddlemen Seat. He made the seat so comfortable, that my saddle was not sore at all. Thanks Rick!

Stuart

Congrats! You did it in 3 hours less than I did.

I find it interesting to see where an ironbutt will get you. Mine was from Houston to Denver. Yours was from NJ to Orlando. You just seemed to have gone so much further.

Dave

Houston to Denver is a LONG haul. Its amazing how far 1000 miles is. From NJ going west, its all the way to Nebraska. My buddy who did this with me (this is his second) did the Butt Burner 1500 from Denver to Phillipsburg NJ - on a VStar 650 - the first 800 miles was all in the rain too. I am glad my first attempt was decidedly easier than his.

Stu

Houston to Denver is a LONG haul. Its amazing how far 1000 miles is. From NJ going west, its all the way to Nebraska. My buddy who did this with me (this is his second) did the Butt Burner 1500 from Denver to Phillipsburg NJ - on a VStar 650 - the first 800 miles was all in the rain too. I am glad my first attempt was decidedly easier than his.

Stu

I'll say this: I left home at in the pre-dawn and left Texas at just about sundown. I rode all day and I was still in Texas. LOL

If I head west from Houston, 1000 miles puts me around Tucson, AZ. 1500 miles puts me in San Diego.

Submit your documents and prepare to wait. They say there's a 2 month backlog, or more. :)

Congrats again!

Dave