IGNORED

I Need To Vent.

ken

Over the last two weeks (since the 08 line up came out) I have emailed a half dozen or so dealer in my region, northwest ohio, southern Michigan, northeast Indiana, about an out the door price on an 07 blue/raven. These were dealers that have ran ads on the net and in auto traders listing the 07. Only one dealer responded! and this was a dealer that sold two 07s in the last week. What is going on? I also thought salespersons worked on commission. Can anyone explain to me why a dealer would not jump at the chance to make a sale? I bet Honda would.

There now I feel better.

Ken, when I was looking for a black 07 about 3months ago, I had a simmilar response. Don't get excited, talk to the sales manager not the salesman. They will get back to you within a short time if they think you are serious. I ended up with 4 offers one of them a week after I already made a purchase.

Try to make your deal close to the end of the month, and if it happens to be end of quarter then even better. Don't talk to the salesman! Talk to the sales manager. Most will be expecting to make only about $500 over invoice. In my case that meant I only paid just over 13000 for a brand new 07 RSMV.

So be patient, it pays.!!!

I discussed this once with my salesman . Big bikes are small sales compared to crotch rockets or ATV's . E-mail them in interest to these items , then after a quick response after you grab their attention , ask them about the big bikes . A little secret he told me .

Gene

I understand you frustration, you want to buy or at least work on a deal and can't get a salesman to listen. I'm not defending the dealership but would like to pass on this little bit. I worked at a dealership for a few years as a mechanic,but when work was slow I would go to the sales floor. I was amazed at the number of people that would come in and lay a long line of BS and make you think they are ready to buy and come to find out they could not afford a stick of gum. The sales men used to try working the e-mail sales also to find a lot of BSers. I know I like to look at all the chrome goodies on display, but why would I shoot a man a line if I had no intention to buy? Anyhow my advice would be to be adiment with the e-mails till they see your name enough to at least return to you. Hope you find what you want

Ride safe!

I feel your pain!!!!!!

I found my 2007 RSV by making LOTS of phone calls....NOBODY answerd my e mails.

Only two dealers within reasonable driving distance had bikes on the floor. None were in my local phonebook......

Only one bike was in my preferred color. I purchased it. the dealer does not use email. it was a SMALL dealership. He only gets one RSV in a year and he said mine has set on the floor for about 6 months with ony one tirekicker who has a 1st gen Venture but did not like the styling of the 2nd Gen. BTW, the dealer rides a 1st Gen too.... and he told me NOT to use the heel part of the shifter...

After talking to several dealers, RSV's either sit on the floor for months, or minutes... too many factors to figure in on why...

I got lucky and paid quite a bit under MSRP.

Show them the advertisements from Cycletrader.com (Search for Yamaha Venture and put STAR in the search or you will get lots of personal watercraft too.....)

The new 2007 RSV is being advertised at a low price of $14,328 OUT THE DOOR (Less your states sales tax) for out of state buyers at a dealer in Alabama right NOW.... which is less than what I paid for mine....

I'd call on the phone.

In stock?

Price?

When can I pick it up?

If a dealer doesn't care about SELLING you a scoot, they sure won't care when you need warranty work, etc.

When I bought a NEW vehicle, it's because a well known, reputable dealer treated me like ROYALTY...after I checked them out.

I love Yammers, but would consider the other great scoots in a heartbeat.

When I look at a new vehicle, I expect more than one rep tending to me and I feel disparaged if my coffee cup becomes empty &/or if my other hand has no doughnut/hot pretzel/hotdog in it.

Bought a new SUV a couple years ago. Manager & Rep assisted me, after leaving many other dealers I seemed to be 'bothering'.

It was summer, so I had them bringing me Diet Cokes & big Soft Pretzels.

I bought the thing, that day, at a very good price & service is 100%, even though they spent $5. on Coke & Pretzels.

Sometimes I wonder why those other salesman, at the other dealers, chose to just sit around & act like I was bothering them, even when I told them I wanted to buy one today.

They certainly weren't doing anything productive.