IGNORED

Does this engine sound ok?

foxman

I'm thinking about buying this engine but would like some input on the sound it's making. I know bikes don't sound right on a video but it's kinda got a knock (maybe)

He starts it up toward the end of the video. Thanks for listening

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC8D9qUmxEg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - 1988 VENTURE Royale 1300cc[/ame]

Did you see the way the tach drug at 2,500 along with the "ticking"... and the ticking was present reving up and down. It was idling at 500 so THAT makes the idle sound like junk but all Ventures sound like that at half the prescribed idle rpm. But she should rev and drop clean... this one doesn't. I would walk away from it.

If you notice, when he had the RPMs up, it sounded a bit better, but down low it sounds terrible. There is that noise @ 2500 RPM that concerns me, and I agree the RPMs shouldn't have dropped off that fast when he closed the throttle. The motor was cold, but at idle it sure sounds like it has a miss. Also, he had the radio blasting away while he started the motor. Was he trying to disguise the way the motor sounds?? Why couldn't he sell a nice looking bike like that with only 35K? I also say to pass this motor up.

Frank