IGNORED

4000 mile check?

Just hit the 4000 mile mark and really can not afford to go see the stealer for this service so I pulled up the service chart and was surprised to see that they recommend 8000 miles on an oil change. So is there any thing critical on the 4000 mile check or do I hang my key for the year and hope I get back to working a 40 Hr week by next season.

Read your owner's manual. All Royal Stars from 2004 on have a 4,000 mile change interval. That chart you keep posting is from an earlier manual.

Certain tech documents, such as the shop manual, were produced once with the original 1999 version and never updated since then. But the owner's manual has changed several times and is produced for each model year.

Goose

The oil change will come ASAP that can be done cheaply its all the other stuff on the list that they supposedly check that they charge hundreds of dollars for, that Im questioning. Thanks I did check the paper copy and it was 4000 I would never do 8000 I was just surprised to see that recommended.