IGNORED

CB module

Guest sparky

Can anyone tell me how to get to the CB module under the trunk? I want to check the connections on the module and it looks like I'm going to have to take the trunk off to get to the module and connections. Is this right? Thanks Peeps. :)

By the way, I see that you have a '99. If you are having problems with transmitting, receiving, squealing, etc.....look to the antennas. The antennas on the '99 were total junk. I had a LOT of problem before changing mine to aftermarket. Yamaha went with a different design in the 2000 and later models.

My problem is when I turn on the CB, I get ch 40 shows up and immediately goes to CB ERR. I thought I may have connection probnlems. I'll check the antenna as I have a spare one I used on my Intruder. Thanks for the info...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, guess what? The antenna came apart in my hands when I tried to unscrew it from the base. The coax is molded to the base and I'm going to cut the coax and install a connector so I can install a better grade antenna. I have one I bought at Radio Shack for my Intruder that I know works. Thanks for the info. I'll let all know the results asap.

Well, guess what? The antenna came apart in my hands when I tried to unscrew it from the base. The coax is molded to the base and I'm going to cut the coax and install a connector so I can install a better grade antenna. I have one I bought at Radio Shack for my Intruder that I know works. Thanks for the info. I'll let all know the results asap.

I got into the module, cleaned all connections, found the audio module behind front right fairing, cleaned all the connections there, installed an after market antenna, and still get cb error when I turn the cb on. Can anyone tell me if there is a repair facility that can repair this module? Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sparky

I have 3 words for anyone who wants to find out how do things to your bike. READ AND HEED. I finally figured out how to get the front cowling off to clean allconnections and WAAALAAA, the cb worked. I ordered a cd with the user and service manuals and saw how to get the cowling off. So, now if u want know something, just ask.(haha)

:thumbsup: