IGNORED

Houston RLAP

massey130

I am signed up for the coming Saturday for RLAP in houston. last communication i had with them, i was the only person signed up for class. If anyone is interested, it would be nice to have additional riders. a buddy and myself will be heading over on Friday to spend the night & then attend class Saturday (9-12-09).

afterwards we are going to head to Galveston & find a place on the beach for lunch. then a bit of riding around before heading back to central Louisiana.

dale in La

p.s. my buddy is not attending the class, just an excuse to take his HD for a ride.

the class is actually held in Sugarland, south of Houston proper. there is an industrial area where they rent / arrange some space.

here is the link to the main site http://ridelikeaprohouston.com/

their website is glitchy sometimes, but there is a button on the left side of the main page that is for "Class Location". it has a map and directions. if you are from the general area, you may have through there coming & going north and south.

another VR member from the area has commented if anyone goes, to give him a call & he may show for the alumni welcome to the practice time at the lunch break. i will have to look that info up to give a call.

dale in La

Sorry I missed the original post. I live maybe 10 minutes from the class. Unfortunately, I am heading out with friends that day. Figures the timing wouldn't work. :(

If the class is still in the same location it is here: N29.64405 W95.61335

Note that they put out "open house" style signs, so driving by the night before won't show you where it is.

I like the Avalon Diner for breakfast: N29.63605 W95.58685

It is on the US-59 feeder road just north of US-90-Alt. It is five minutes from the class, depending on routes.

There are a number of good places for lunch in Galvez. For the biker bar with a good burger, you may like The Spot. Park on the front sidewalk like everyone else.

You may also like Cafe Michael Burger. They have the #23rd best hamburger in the State of Texas (the Tiki Burger), according to the recent Texas Monthly research. Literally across the street is a biker icehouse, Woody's. I was there yesterday, and they have a nice second floor patio with views of the Gulf.

The Spot: N29.28352 W94.79791

Cafe Michael Burger: N29.24044 W94.87828

The Spot is close to the ferry, if you planned to go home via Bolivar. However, be aware that there can frequently be a couple hour wait for the ferry. The local variable traffic signs will let you know before you get to Galveston.

You said you'll be in town this Friday? Looking for dinner plans? :)

Dave

dinner plans?

we have none that i know of. i need to call chuck & double check on our plans. we do that. if you would like to meet N eat somewhere, that would be cool as far as i know.

i will send chuck an email to firm up. PM me later. i am usually up awhile, but will be mindful that you may be in touch.

I have spent many years in the houston area. part of my family was there. spent many nights on the beach. i like the ferry, done once on a bike (Ninja) & other times in a cager.