IGNORED

Attention Washington State Riders

silverdeer0454

I am trying to put together a Ride-Meet-Eat for the 12th of September 2009. Destination will be Leavenworth, the Bavarian Village. As usual this will be weather dependent, not that we mind riding in the rain, but Seattle cagers seem to aim for us when they have to use windshield wipers! The current forecast indicates partly cloudy and high 70's to high 80's on the east side of the mountains...but this is the PNW and it could change by Wednesday. I am open for suggestions on a meeting place/time/fuel stop/and food destination. Just add to this thread and we will see what happens.

:Venture:

Larry

AKA: Silverdeer

Edited by silverdeer0454
CHANGE OF LOCATION

If only I were closer...BUT Next September,1st week before or actual 1st week headed that way on a 2 week MC ride to the Northwest and down PCH and across the midwest so I WILL look you up when we get close!

Excellent Tom...and you don't even need a passport to get into Washington!

PS: I would make a ride to Texas to visit my brother in Ft Worth, but that would be too close to my ex's family...and they are scary people!

Room here in Blanco and far enough from the ex and a good excuse to get your brother to come down and ride the Hill Country!

Same Here. Lunch it is if all agree. Lunch is good as the wife is not use to riding and does not want to ride too far yet. Levenworth is jsut right. If it were at St Helens, I would be by myselt and have to find an overnight stop. Thanks. Am looking forward to meeting a member.

http://www.gustavsleavenworth.com/

I'm thinking around noon or so.

From their website:

Gustav's is the most recognizable building in town, located at the "Y" intersection where Front Street forks off Highway 2. Gustav's is a no-frills burger-sandwich-and-salad place where you can cool your jets and wet your whistle sitting on our deck looking at the spectacular views of the mountains during the summer or warming up near our open fireplace with hot spiced wine during the winter after a long day of skiing. Gustav's entertains our customers with a menagerie of interesting kickknacks. From your seats, you can peruse a motley assortment of stuff ranging from old books to a canoe that sits in the rafters overlooking the second-floor dining area. Gustav's is family friendly and provides a variety of menu items specifically for kids.

Gustav's carries 24 different beers on tap, most of which are microbrews, There are always three Leavenworth Beers on tap, plus the occasional German imports and a few domestics.

:thumbsup2:

Edited by silverdeer0454
Description of Gustavs

Hey WA. riders, I know this is off topic but I'm going to taking my 84 year old father in law to Carlsborg the first week of Oct. We will be pulling a small travel trailer and I'm curious about the weather in that part of the country this time of year. I have not decided if I will attempt to bring my RSV or not as it will have to ride in the bed of the truck. It looks like the evenings are already getting cool there but should the days be nice? If I do go to the trouble of hauling it up there, I would want some good riding weather.

:mytruck1:

Carlsborg located in Clallam county may be in the rain shadow of the olympic mountains. Those mountains will sometimes block the rain, however, you can generally expect rain..possible Pacific storms because of its location. Temps...60's for a high early in the month..50's near the end. And LOTS of wet leaves on the ground! Slippery riding for sure.:rain2:

I'd love to do it, but, Saturdays just aren't good for me. Glad to see you setting this up though. I remember you trying to set this up back in late spring, so, I was hoping for an August Sunday. Guess there wasn't enough interest. Anyway, one of these days I hope to meet some fellow VR members. Have a blast.

Carlsborg located in Clallam county may be in the rain shadow of the olympic mountains. Those mountains will sometimes block the rain, however, you can generally expect rain..possible Pacific storms because of its location. Temps...60's for a high early in the month..50's near the end. And LOTS of wet leaves on the ground! Slippery riding for sure.:rain2:[/quote

I'll probable load her up just in case there are some nice days. :depressed:

I do look forward to seeing a part of the country that I've never seen before. :178:

It may get 110 degrees here in central Texas :scorched:but at least we ride year around.

I have never stored a bike for the winter and cannot imagine living in a place where fair weather riding would be so limited. :cold: I'm sure there are many trade offs.:confused24:

[quote=GuthDaddy17;383554 I'll probable load her up just in case there are some nice days. :depressed:

I do look forward to seeing a part of the country that I've never seen before. :178:

It may get 110 degrees here in central Texas :scorched:but at least we ride year around.

I have never stored a bike for the winter and cannot imagine living in a place where fair weather riding would be so limited. :cold: I'm sure there are many trade offs.:confused24:

How long are you going to be in the area? We might be able to join up for a ride on that side of Puget Sound. My girlfriend is a "Twilight" fan (the vampire movie) and Forks is just a short trip from where you will be and where I live.

I should be in Carlsborg for two to three days. I'm not real sure as to the exact days yet as I will be traveling with my 84 year old father in law and not real sure how much progress and how many stops we will encounter each day. We will leave on Saturday the 26th of September and will travel to see his older brother in Tulsa and then on to Carlsborg. I'm not even sure of the route yet as its his trip, I'm just tagging along. I'm guessing we should be in Washington early October, on or about the 3rd I'm guessing.

I would love to meet up with some of our north west members.

I'll have access to a laptop each evening and will stay in contact.:bighug:

Hey Larry, count me in if you will take a VStar 1100 Silverado Lurker. Have been wanting to look at some RSVs and hopefully ask some questions. I see an RSV or Geezer Wing in my near future. Great locale.

John