IGNORED

Avon V Dunlop Sceptic or Believer

bryan52577

I have heard and read about the Avon V Dunlop tires. I have heard about the 150 v 130 for handling. And I have been reading about the Motorkote saga.

Well here is my story, I decided to go with the Avons front & rear last week of June 2009. Front end had a little hop when I first picked up bike from service. Was going to take it back and then thought it was the way they banded the tires together from factory and it would come out of it. (They were banded tight causing the tires to sink in where the six bands were). Well not sure if it came out or got use to it but bike started to get a shimmy in the front when stopping. Thought it was the "black-top" road, then it started doing it on pavement. Well I took it back last Saturday to the shop as I had to go to Omaha to work for the week. Shop called me at 10 am on Monday said the tire was not true (around or side to side) but still was in balance. Said they called Avon and Avon was going to replace the tire free of charge (had to pay for mounting & balance). Shop mounted a Donlop 130 E3 on it and test road it to check everything else and said bike road like a dream compared to when I brought it in. (My thoughts were "Yah,,,Right")

Well Avon was sending a new tire and it "would" be here before the long weekend.

WRONG.... Shop called me as I was heading back from Omaha today and said tire did not make it. So I said is the Dunlop still on it? Shop said yes, I said leave it on and I would buy it and have the Avon as a spare when it comes in. (Why not right)? Figured I could check out this fantasy of the 150 V 130 this way.

WOW!!!!!! I could tell the first 50 feet this tire was great at low speeds! I took it out on the road, put on 5 miles in town 25 on highway then came back and paid for it. :thumbsup2:

Road home changed close and also put in MOTORKOTE 4oz in the oil. (Pick it up at a Flying J in Omaha, 32 oz paid $22 for it. "They charged me wrong price the shelf said $29 but who am I to argue, right?) :whistling:

Anyway went for 75 mile ride. Tire is GREAT handling, has more noise than the Avon (even a bad Avon). The wonderful chirp "even after only 75 miles" is 30 to 40% quieter. I am hard of hearing and I now hear more of the exhaust that the "chirp" was covering. COOL,,, sounds great. :thumbsup2:

I will give the 130 E3 Dunlop and the MOTORKOTE a better run for the money this weekend. This will be two up not just me.

Not sure where we are going but who cares right as long as we are riding!:sign woo hoo:

130 V 150???? So far 130 has it hands down for handling for me. Believer.:clap2:

Avon V Dunlop for noise??? So far the Avon was quieter, for me.:confused24:

MOTORKOTE??? Up in the air so far, but looking good , for me.:clap2:

More up-date later, my two fingers that I type with are tired now.

Bryan...Who wishes he would have paid more attention to the typing teacher then the cute brunette in the desk in front of me.:thumbsup2:

Edited by bryan52577