If you have the sealed beam ones; Wagner 4449 are 30W sealed beam lamps that are basically identical to what Yamaha sells as their lamps. These are spot lamps, not foglamps.

I got mine for about $15 a piece from O'rileys autoparts.

Tractor supply also carries them.

The lightbar was on the bike when I bought it, but when the glass lens cracks and lost a light, at least to me that indicates a sealed beam (If I understand sealed beams correctly, but might not).

When you get a chance - Unscew the housing to the lamp and pop the lamp out and take a look at it. You should be able to tell whether it is a sealed beam or not based on the wiring leading into the lamp itself.

The non-sealed beam has a bulb that comes out of the housing (with the glass lens on it) as to where the 'sealed beam' the bulb is the whole thing... if that makes sense.

Guest tx2sturgis

If you look in the glass and see a filament ( which may be burned off) supported between 2 bent metal posts, its a sealed beam. If you see a small glass bulb in there, with a filament that may not be easy to see, then you probably have a separate halogen bulb.

Of course once you take it all apart, its easy to tell.

On my VTX, I had a Cobra Lightbar which was an H3 so I know what that is.

tx2sturgis has shown me the light (pun intended). Yes 2 metal posts and also the filament in the middle is gone.

KiteSquid where do you get a par36? Are all par36's of the same diameter as the lamp I have in there now? Cost typically?

Anyone done any type of lightbar mods you can share? Can be anything.

FWIW,

When my first went out I changed both to Wagner 7600. Much better light and very little difference in power draw.

I am having trouble finding information on these and I am curious. Are they halogens? Still spotlamps?

Where did you find yours?

Thanks

How does one adjust the lamps so that they aren't pointing to 5 feet in front of the bike?

I went into Maine to get my shock replaced under warranty and luck would have it that my light bar wiring got munged somewhere and they were nice enough to repair the wiring..

Unfortunately, when they removed the light back and put it back on, the beams are pointing way too close to the bike, useless.. I can't see how these get adjusted up or anything other than sideways..

Conversely speaking, are there replacement units to try something OTHER than the Yamaha light bar? No matter what I do they cause a vibe to the bike and bar.. annoying as well.. they are on tight but vibe..

Cheers

If you take out the bulb, you can access the bolt/nut that tighten the housing to the bar itself. If you loosen that up you should be able to adjust them a little bit. I'm not sure this will give you the direction that you want, but as far as I know that is the only place to adjust them. It has been a while since I messed with mine though so there may be something else but that is a place to start at least.

Oh, if the shop was working on them you may want to double check where the bar is mounted to the bike - make sure those bolts are tight. If they are loose the lights will point down some.

Hope that helps