IGNORED

Lower Carb Boots

Probably oil from the air box, loosen all 4 carb bands for the air box and re-seat it. Then re-tighten the bands equally. That should stop the bubbling. Only way to stop the oil is to install a K&N breather filter on the intercooler.

Edited by Dano

These bands are also know to "stretch" over time. You might just need to replace it.

Thanks

Never thought of that. At $7.50 for a new band and a simple wrap around an tighten fix. Sounds like it's worth a try before pulling carbs off.

Probably oil from the air box, loosen all 4 carb bands for the air box and re-seat it. Then re-tighten the bands equally. That should stop the bubbling. Only way to stop the oil is to install a K&N breather filter on the intercooler.

Guess I should have put my glasses on. Loosen all 8 of the clamps, reseat the carbs (pop them off and then reseat them) and the air box, then tighten up the clamps.

Dan

Guess I should have put my glasses on. Loosen all 8 of the clamps, reseat the carbs (pop them off and then reseat them) and the air box, then tighten up the clamps.

Dan

One thing some people may not notice is there is an orientation for the upper boots to fit on the airbox. There are rubber tabs that go in between raised areas. This also helps keep the clamp screws in a certain place.

RandyA