IGNORED

Actual resistance measurement read from Stator

LilBeaver

I know that the service manual states on page 8-24 that the stator coil resistance ought to be between 0.279 and 0.341 ohms.

Has anyone actually taken this measurement (excluding the run to pin 4 - since that seems to be a typo)? If so, what did you end up with?

I am currently trying to troubleshoot my scoot and have already done the voltage check at the battery (which the scoot clearly passed). I have taken this measurement, but the resolution of the meter that I used is only 0.1 ohms, and I do not know for sure what the accuracy of the meter is nor what the TRUE range of this meter is... I have a better one at my office, which I will pick up when I go in next time to redo this measurement. The goal here is to verify that the stator is good/not good before I install and possibly ruin a new radio and/or not waste the money and time on a new stator if it is not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

In addition to the lead to lead resistance check listed in the manual, measure any of the stator leads to ground. You should read completely open to ground. Usually on a bad stator, one of the coils becomes grounded. I measured my 89 when I was fixing the regulator wiring, and the stator measured infinity on the RX10,000 range on a Simpson 260 (analog meter).

Frank

Its a better test to Read the AC Voltage on each of the 3 phases, from the Stator.

At the large plug, against ground stick meter probe in each of the 3 Pins.

Should read about 4 to 8 Volts, AC on each wire, engine running about 2000 RPM

Its a better test to Read the AC Voltage on each of the 3 phases, from the Stator.

At the large plug, against ground stick meter probe in each of the 3 Pins.

Should read about 4 to 8 Volts, AC on each wire, engine running about 2000 RPM

Good to know!