IGNORED

I’ve crossed over to the “Darkside”!

dragerman

Well it’s official, I went for my first ride tonight on a 165/80/15 Kumho PowerStar and I was not disappointed. It was just a short run (about 60 mi.) on familiar roads so as to compare the handling. The tire was pressured up to 40psi with 2oz of Dino Beads... it felt great. I bought the tire from the good folks up at ‘OK Tire’ in Stony Creek Ontario for $75. CDN Installed (I brought in the wheel off the bike). They had a bit of a time seating the tire to the rim and had to use an air-blaster to make it catch but said that they’ve had tougher jobs. I’m not sure how much pressure it took to seat the bead but it was up there. They’re great people to deal with and said they would do it again. They did a great job and I give them two thumbs up!

Thanks to all those who have posted their comments and opinions (pro’s & con’s) on CT’s, it has all been interesting reading. I value all your opinions and have been reading with interest for well over a year. Now if I can only find an economical way to make it a White Wall, I like what 'eagleeye' has done with his tire!

hi charlie

welcome to the darkside. please keep us informed on how it's working for you. 99% of us who have switched love the c/t mode. the other 1% are going back to a m/c 'cause they didn't like it. thats ok this is a mode not for everyone. but it's working for me and my style of riding.

best reguards

don c. :cool17:

What gunboat said.

I wouldn't feel nearly as confident with a M/C tire on the back of mine. Especially in wet weather.

FYI, I took a 260 mile roundtrip Saturday to check on some property I have and I was on some highway that is having some resurfacing done. I had to roll over about a dozen areas where they had ground the road down for about 100ft each time. The worst that I felt was the front tire making an almost imperceptable correction on a groove one time.

hi charlie

welcome to the darkside. please keep us informed on how it's working for you. 99% of us who have switched love the c/t mode. the other 1% are going back to a m/c 'cause they didn't like it. thats ok this is a mode not for everyone. but it's working for me and my style of riding.

best reguards

don c. :cool17:

Yes Don and thank you, this was not something that I just jumped into. In fact I have a new MC tire on a spare rim that I can change over any time should I change my mind. Although I’m not an aggressive driver the handling feels just fine and I feel very comfortable.

• 1 month later...
What kind ov bike is yrs?? Ventura or Royalstar?? I have a 06 Royal Star and wood lik to make this change.

he has a 2006 royalstar venture like yours, i have a 1999 royalstar venture. the venture and royalstar are the same bike. the roadstar tour delux is aslo the same bike but with out the front faring, rear trunk and the radio & antenna's.

don c.

he has a 2006 royalstar venture like yours, i have a 1999 royalstar venture. the venture and royalstar are the same bike. the roadstar tour delux is aslo the same bike but with out the front faring, rear trunk and the radio & antenna's.

don c.

You mean the Royal Star Tour Deluxe