Can anyone tell me how many led's my 2007 RSV will support without putting my charging system in overload ??

I have fears of taxing the stater and causing a burn-out. At present I have replaced both front and rear reflectors with led's but I want to add a strip or two with about 70 to 100 led's.

LEDs pull low current for thier light output compared to incadecant or halogen bulbs.

What are the specs for the LEDs you want to install????

I just looked up some 18000 MCD LEDs and they pull 20mA at 3V, so that is 0.06 Watts....

So if you used up 100 watts of power (what two 50 watt driving lights draw) you could power about 1000 of them... with thier matching resistors....without problem.

I have 150 High intensity LED's on my bike and also run heated gloves, socks, and grips during the winter. If you are concerned about available power pull the fuse for the carb heaters. Haven't known anybody to need them yet. My fuse has been pulled since Dec 2006 and I ride year round in temps down to the low teens.

I supose you could put enough LED's on a Venture to overload the charging system, but the bike would be fully covered with them. LED's have very low current draw so overloading the charging system is not a concern.