IGNORED

A question about headwear for the ladies.

ScottXD45

My girlfriend loves to ride with me but afterwords it is always a pain for her to get all those tangles out of her wind blown hair. Shes tried bandanas but can't seem to keep them from falling off for some reason. Her hair is short enough that she can't really get it all in a pony tail and she pins the rest down with bobby pins but they seem to fall out too.

So my question is, what do you girls wear on your heads when riding?

I know the obvious thing would be for her to just wear a helmet but she doesn't like wearing it and I don't blame her. I might try buying her a cute pink one or something. Maybe that will help??

I have the same problem. At one point I was going to cut it really short just so I didn't have to deal with all the snarls.

I started out with bandana's but you have to tie them really tight. Helmets do the job, but I don't wear one unless we're doing interstate.

My hair is a little shorter than shoulder length so what I've found works best for me is to wear a brimmed hat. I wet my hair down and it's just barley long enough to put up in a coated rubberband.

The hat works really well as it has a velcro strap on the back and I can adjust it. The best part....the brim keeps the sun off my face.

Don't know if this helps or not....

I have the same problem. At one point I was going to cut it really short just so I didn't have to deal with all the snarls.

I started out with bandana's but you have to tie them really tight. Helmets do the job, but I don't wear one unless we're doing interstate.

My hair is a little shorter than shoulder length so what I've found works best for me is to wear a brimmed hat. I wet my hair down and it's just barley long enough to put up in a coated rubberband.

The hat works really well as it has a velcro strap on the back and I can adjust it. The best part....the brim keeps the sun off my face.

Don't know if this helps or not....

By brimmed hat do you mean like a ball cap? Do you have a problem with the wind catching it and trying to pull it off?

• 5 weeks later...

We won't get into whether or not she should wear a helmet. I'm MOTGATT or ATGATT and we'll let it go at that :motorcyclehelmet: .

As for the hair problem, mine goes about halfway down my back. Normal for me is an elastic bandana [helmet hair is a b***h] and a ponytail. I usually pull my hair thru the pony tail band about 4 times but I don't pull it all the way thru on the 4th time. End result is a loop of hair that keeps the ends from blowing in the wind and turning into snarl heaven.

I can reccomend the Pantene light conditioning detangler. Works great and my hair feels good after using it :happy34:.

Guest tx2sturgis

A simple 3 dollar doo-rag, the kind with the 'squirrel tail', and the 2 ends that you tie, should do the job, IF: you soak the ends, or the whole doo-rag, in water before you tie it.

If that still wont work, spend the extra bucks on a doo-rag called a Skull-Danna. ( not sure of the spelling) These work well, IF you soak them and tie them tightly UNDER the base of the back of your skull...

Finally, the perforated leather do-rags tend to work pretty well, but it depends on the hair style and sometimes the shape of a persons forehead.

Make sure to always carry one of those de-tangler brushes on the bike for the ladies...I do...

Edited by tx2sturgis

• 1 month later...